Mafia VII - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VII - Day 1

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:43 pm

At page 20 AOG randomly kills WaCoug
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:48 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:urban still spouting pure, uladulteraded garbage, I see...

using a word that doesn't exist to call someone out for spouting garbage.
oh. the. irony.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:At page 20 AOG randomly kills WaCoug

I think it should be called AOM instead.

And I agree with thedude, we can't worry too much about today's voting since everyone is voting based off of nothing.

As far as lynching lurkers goes, if we lynch a quiet guy, we have very little to look back on as far as posts are concerned. Granted, that also sends a message to all the lurkers to get talking. And more talking is better. If we lynch a talker, it's someone who would probably be more likely to be a helpful townie (if they are townie) later on. And it means we'll have more lurkers later on.

As far as individuals as to who we should lynch, I have no idea since there's nothing to go on:

Dan's misinterpreted a few votes and been kind of defensive, especially of Coug, so he's a candidate.

jfg's weird comment supporting lurkers makes him a candidate. lurking is better for team mafia.

urban's strange "i'm just a regular townie" comment makes him a candidate. either he's lying or is an idiot for letting the mafia know that they shouldn't kill him tonight and should go after someone else who may be investigator/doctor. which of those it is i'm unsure, but i doubt he is special-powered townie otherwise he'd probably be looking at who to use them on.

i hate the way m16a plays this game (i hate the way aqua plays too)but it's in his character to play this way, so i'd somehow feel mean voting him off.

titans was more aggressive early but hasn't really been aggressive since then. granted the first 5-10 pages of day 1 were a joke anyways (at least for me they were).

basically i know nothing but i figured i'd lay out all my theories here and see if someone agrees/wants to run with one.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:

using a word that doesn't exist to call someone out for spouting garbage.
oh. the. irony.

I'm going do replace all my "t"s with "d"s jusd for you from now on :-B

while you're at it, you also might want to refrain from using the letter l. ;-)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 pm

but at least he's posting now...i mean that's gotta count for something, right ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Ok, I finally just got home from basically a day full of math (teaching it, then learning it... X-I )only to be greeted with over 10 pages of insanity. After reading through everything, I liked what the dude said about Occam's Razor, and it's very appropriate here. At this point, I see nothing much of substance except, you know, the whole Dan being mafia thing.

After 3 quick votes on WaCoug, Dan was quick to defend him 3 times!

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm tempted to throw one on Cougs to get things moving, but he's a savvy player and could be an asset to the town...most of the time anyway :-b

he's at least worth keeping around for 1 day for his epic breakdowns (the game recap type...although the mental ones usually come later)

he's a good player and an asset to the town (assuming he's a townie)...i just dont think it's in the towns best interest to vote off a strong player before we know anything about him

First off, is WaCoug really that strong? No offense, but I've never seen him as a power player in these games. To me, it seems as if he's really trying to get some support from the guy he's defending, which was a ploy that worked very well when I was mafia earlier this season (remember, thedude?)

TitanFan wrote:It's a decent play for a mafia though, because you are either winning an ally in protecting a townie or you overreacted to mine and steelers vote and are protecting your fellow mafia.

This is exactly what sprung to mind as I read through pages 4-6, specifically the bolded part. I don't think Dan would so blatantly defend a fellow mafioso, but were Cougs to get lynched and found out to be innocent, Dan could go into day 2 as the guy that defended a townie.

Of course, right after this, Dan turns around and slaps a defensive vote back on Titans. Come on...

Dan Lambskin wrote:you seem pretty eager to jump on this bandwagon...coupled with your silly vote on Cougs that lost steam (see below) i'd say you're the suspicious one

Lastly, on page 8, Dan mentions that he's surprised the mafia hasn't come and finished him off yet. Uh, maybe because they don't want to kill their partner?

I don't know if it was because I just read all of day 1 at once or not, but to me it seems pretty obvious that Dan is dirty. I'm not sure why the bandwagon has slowed on him, but I'm more than happy to try to get it moving again...

vote: Dan Lambskin
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Um, I giggled quite a bit reading of urban's Valentine's Day sexploits and the ensuing day's fresh suit, personally.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I said earlier that I would vote for Dan to move things along, and that's what I'm gonna do now. His role should give us something to work with tomorrow, and while I'm not as sure as Inuk seems to be, I think Inuk's post is a good reminder of why people started voting for Dan in the first place. I know this might make me look bad coming in near the end, and it will definitely look bad if Dan is innocent, but oh well. If someone else comes in with a great theory on someone else, I'm willing to change, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

We're better off lynching someone than letting it go to AOG, and I think Dan's our best guess.

steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:I said earlier that I would vote for Dan to move things along, and that's what I'm gonna do now. His role should give us something to work with tomorrow, and while I'm not as sure as Inuk seems to be, I think Inuk's post is a good reminder of why people started voting for Dan in the first place. I know this might make me look bad coming in near the end, and it will definitely look bad if Dan is innocent, but oh well. If someone else comes in with a great theory on someone else, I'm willing to change, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

We're better off lynching someone than letting it go to AOG, and I think Dan's our best guess.

you summed it up pretty well. he's as close to a lead as we're going to get today.

vote lammyskin
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk