Mafia VII - Day 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia VII - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VII - Day 1

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 pm

thedude wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Man, crazy votes and un-votes are going to make this interesting to sift through down the road :-?

Just remember Occam's Razor.

Huh?

Agreed about your point in the above post. I'm glad the "lurkers" checked in with lame excuses and then largely did nothing else (jfg has been throwing votes and his ridiculous Day 1 ideology around, but nothing of substance; m16 just gave a drawn out sob story about how busy he is but pointed a finger at urban [could be a good call, but also a convenient target as the last "lurker" to check in] and then disappeared again; and urban shows up with an ignant, ridiculous post about his exploits from last night and gives a yawner about his Day 1 strategy to survive), but while I'm gathering information and trying to find a good vote candidate from this group- and I feel a couple others are doing the same - a number of others seem to be trying to get things as helter skelter as possible without offering anything of substance, even on a theoretical level...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Man, crazy votes and un-votes are going to make this interesting to sift through down the road :-?

All of these votes/unvotes against lurkers should probably carry little or no weight in the coming days. It seems likely mafia would use this opportunity to throw votes at their own kind to establish alibis for later. Odds are that at least one mafia member has already voted for (and unvoted) the godfather. Where that occurred is impossible to say at this point. All of these votes are just going to make it more muddled for the town going forward.

I realize I did vote and unvote lastings, but I now see those type of votes are not going to accomplish anything.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
thedude wrote:

Huh?

;-) "we should tend towards simpler theories until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power."
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 pm

My point with citing the Occam's razor, is that we should look first to the simplest theory when trying to figure out what the mafia's game is. Looking at these voting patterns could drive us all mad.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TitanFan07 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm still keeping my vote on Dan. Between the strange defensive incident, some weird misinterpretations of people's posts and some sketchy unvotes there is more than enough evidence for me to be comfortable with where my vote is.
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 pm

thedude wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
thedude wrote:

Huh?

;-) "we should tend towards simpler theories until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power."

thedude, coug's eyes just exploded.
you blinded him with science and he's never going to see again.
not cool, dude. not cool.

you do not explain occam's razor to The Theorizor.
The Theorizor explains occam's razor to you... in long posts that spin you around, put a whiffle ball bat in your hand, and tell you to find the pinata
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm

thedude wrote:My point with citing the Occam's razor, is that we should look first to the simplest theory when trying to figure out what the mafia's game is. Looking at these voting patterns could drive us all mad.

thedude, stop before you kill him. seriously, you don't want that voodoo on your hands. let it go.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 pm

thedude wrote:

All of these votes/unvotes against lurkers should probably carry little or no weight in the coming days. It seems likely mafia would use this opportunity to throw votes at their own kind to establish alibis for later. Odds are that at least one mafia member has already voted for (and unvoted) the godfather. Where that occurred is impossible to say at this point. All of these votes are just going to make it more muddled for the town going forward.

I realize I did vote and unvote lastings, but I now see those type of votes are not going to accomplish anything.

To be fair, a number of these are joke votes. I really don't think we can take joke votes to mean much of anything...
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
thedude wrote:

To be fair, a number of these are joke votes. I really don't think we can take joke votes to mean much of anything...

That is my point. We need to be careful looking at the voting of today and trying to draw meaning out of it. I am sure some meaning can be drawn from it, but not much. My point in citing Occam's razor was too caution the whole town going forward to be careful lynching someone based upon the early votes of today.

My second point is that we need to stop voting and unvoting for people at the drop of a hat. All of this is giving the mafia opportunities to vote against each other (to establish voting histories), with little possibility of voting off one of their own.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 pm

urban still spouting pure, uladulteraded garbage, I see...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk