GM hourly workers get $4,000 bonuses - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

GM hourly workers get $4,000 bonuses

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GM hourly workers get $4,000 bonuses

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:04 pm

wrveres wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:
This means 36 percent of all so-called taxpayers actually pay zero in income taxes after taking their credits and deductions. But these figures don't include some 15 million people who work but don't earn enough to file a tax return. When these people are added to the non-payers, estimates the Tax Policy Center, the percentage of households who don't pay income taxes rises to 47 percent.
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-15/opin ... PM:OPINION

And the money doesn't "run out". It gets put back into the economy through spending on goods and services. The wealthy save a high percentage of their income, while the lower and middle classes generally spend a lot of what they earn. If anything, providing financial aid to the working and lower middle classes would boost the economy and safeguard it from overdependence on the banking industry.

lol. yes, the money runs out.

What is your hangup with the banking industry btw? One, its a business. Two, its not like you can't walk into your choice of over 100 options if you don't like the one you got. You are telling me that you would rather have the US Government be the nations sole banker? i don't understand your beef with the word profit.

I'm telling you that we need to make it so that if a couple banks go down, the entire economy doesn't follow. I don't have a problem with profit as long as they don't, like, destroy the global economy in their attempt to get it.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: GM hourly workers get $4,000 bonuses

Postby jfg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:42 pm

You can't just make it so that if banks go down the economy won't follow. That's how an economy works. We need to make it so banks are regulated so they aren't able to, and more importantly prosecuted when they do illegal things that cause economic collapses. There's no way to not make the banking system a central part of an economy. It basically is the economy. But, it is terrible that there are very few politicians on either side of the aisle who care to do more than slap criminals on the wrist. Or allow the federal reserve to continue to print money to a point where the dollar is worthless. But, these aren't the issues that are hot button for some reason. Instead we're up in arms about state workers being in a union and having bargaining rights.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk