$400 1st Year Keeper *3 MORE SPOTS, THIS IS HAPPENING PEEPS* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

$400 1st Year Keeper *3 MORE SPOTS, THIS IS HAPPENING PEEPS*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: $400 1st Year Keeper *3 MORE SPOTS, THIS IS HAPPENING PEEPS*

Postby merman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 pm

You know, I would be very interested in joining, everything matches what I've been looking for, but it kills me to see it's a points scoring system...

that isn't something that will be "discussed" by owners, as you mentioned in earlier posts...? I figure THAT part is set in stone?
merman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby doggfan7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Yea...sorry that is pretty much set in stone. What is up for negotiations though are things like payouts, whether or not the schedule has each team play each other twice or whether or not they play division rivals 3 times and other teams only once, the amount of points each stat gets, rules about trades, draft rules, prospect roster stuff, etc.

Why do you hate H2H points so much?
doggfan7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby merman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 pm

unbalanced scoring. team could have incredibly weak offensive week, but stack up several 8in, 9K, QS, W pitchers and dominate a H2H matchup. It's a tough fix
merman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby doggfan7 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 am

merman wrote:unbalanced scoring. team could have incredibly weak offensive week, but stack up several 8in, 9K, QS, W pitchers and dominate a H2H matchup. It's a tough fix

Actually, quite the opposite. I compiled the 162 game average stats of every MLB player and scored them according to our point structure (which has changed slightly from what's in the Constitution). The average of the top 150 scoring MLB pitchers is 260.3859 points/year while the average of the top 200 position players is 320.3965. There is about 60 points difference, which is not so substantial to alter the way the owners draft. In fact, if an owner takes the approach you detailed, they would most surely end at the bottom of the standing as position players are valued higher than pitchers. Remember, this is a weekly roster, so owners cannot load up on SP and change them daily. Hopefully this makes you reconsider our league.

*EDIT* I can provide the Excel spreadsheet for you if you are interested.
doggfan7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby merman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 am

Well, thanks for detailing that. I didn't realize it was weekly til you just mentioned it, so sorta of changes weight, seeing as streaming is not going to happen.

I'll consider it and let you know what I decide to do tomorrow...? Like I said before, very interested in league, but need to consider points system.

Thanks
merman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby doggfan7 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Merman has joined (contingent on certain rules) so that means we only have a few more openings people. Don't be shy.
doggfan7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ImSpicy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

This is OT, but I like the layout of your league rules. Did you come up with that on your own or did you have a site that you got that from? I am looking to start my own keeper league myself (lower stakes) and am currently working on the writing of the rules.
ImSpicy
T-Ball Trainer

Postby doggfan7 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 am

ImSpicy wrote:This is OT, but I like the layout of your league rules. Did you come up with that on your own or did you have a site that you got that from? I am looking to start my own keeper league myself (lower stakes) and am currently working on the writing of the rules.

Thanks. I wrote those rules but took bits and pieces that I liked from a bunch of leagues I have been in before. Feel free to use them.
doggfan7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby doggfan7 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Still looking for a few more guys...
doggfan7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby duck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

interesting but some things kill it for me:
playoffs - total points or W-L record should be enough - too often players are shut down at the end of september
shallow - small lineups and only 12 teams
duck
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds