3/9 - Twins vs. Tigers Spring Training Analysis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minnesota Twins

3/9 - Twins vs. Tigers Spring Training Analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3/9 - Twins vs. Tigers Spring Training Analysis

Postby Hondo » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:37 pm

Carlos Pena hit a monster shot off Kyle Lohse that is probably still travelling at a high rate of speed. He hit it over the right field wall with a stiff wind at his back. My guess is that it went 400-450 ft.

Dmitri Young made a sesnational catch in left field. It was only sesnational because he looks pretty lost out there at times. I think the bases were loaded and he caught that to end the inning. He got a standing ovation from the crowd. I don't think it was sarcastic. I guess the Tiger fans are aware it'll be a long season and they were looking for something to cheer about.

I really was interested in watching the Twins outfield situation. Tori Hunter and Jacque Jones did not play so I was fortunate enough to see Dustan Mohr and Mike Cuddyer. Mohr can simply flat out hit!! You won't see it in the box scores. I think he had a couple of hits, but his bat is so live. He crsuhes everything. Cuddyer looked awful. I had not seem him before, but he was not comfortable at the plate at all. He dropped quite a bit in my eyes. Maybe an off day?

Pitching for both teams was uneventful and really quite unimpesssive. The wind blew out most of the day so that was tough, but they did not look ready for the season yet.

I also kept an eye on Christian Guzman becuase I happen to like his game. He looked pretty sharp both offensively and defensively.

Dean Palmer looked really lost. His timimng was not there. He just DHed.

Easley or Simon did not play.

Be advised I am a local Devil Ray fan and most of all a fantasy fan so I am not partial to either club or players involved. I just call em like I see em.
Hondo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:22 pm

Interesting - usually people have the opposite impression of Cuddyer and Mohr. Sounds like something worth keeping an eye on...

Thanks for the summary! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennyy22 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:41 pm

ya, nice ;-D
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

-Yogi Berra
Bennyy22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minnesota Twins