Mafia 2011 - Session VI - INTEREST - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011 - Session VI - INTEREST

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011 - Session VI - INTEREST

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 pm

thedude wrote:I still think the miller would be fun. But most people will be anti, so last game's setup would be fine.

put the miller in, mook.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:06 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
thedude wrote:I still think the miller would be fun. But most people will be anti, so last game's setup would be fine.

put the miller in, mook.

In place of a regular townie, right?

We need a clarification of the role if possible, too ;-)

Anyone opposed to using Lebo and running with this thing? I have a PM still unread by about 4 guys so I could go either way really...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wake » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:

put the miller in, mook.

In place of a regular townie, right?

We need a clarification of the role if possible, too ;-)

Anyone opposed to using Lebo and running with this thing? I have a PM still unread by about 4 guys so I could go either way really...

You would put him in in place of a regular townie, but his addition will provide a slight advantage to the mafia.

Basically, he's a townie, but if the investigator looks at him, he'll be told the miller is mafia. When role PMs are sent out, the miller is only told he's a regular townie. That prevents him from just revealing his role on Day 1. When he dies however, everyone is told he's the miller.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Does the mafia need any more help in this limited format? Maybe add another townie with a token role like the watcher then?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:40 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Does the mafia need any more help in this limited format? Maybe add another townie with a token role like the watcher then?

I agree. I think if we're going to use the miller then we need to add a special role for town (like watcher). Or what about bringing back the vig?

Or we could go

investigator
doctor
watcher
vigilante
miller
ISK
2 "normal townies"
3 mafiosi

But i'm fine with just the doc, investigator, miller, and either watcher or vig. I'm also fine with the same setup as last time. Just throwing ideas out there.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:44 pm

After more thought, disregard my idea of haaving most townies have special roles. That would get chaotic and the game would be over in like 2 days....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby m16a » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

dang. I kept telling myself, I won't join, I won't join. I have played a bunch of games already. But this thread has been staring at me. Darn it. I'll play, but I am not in favor of the miller.
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

we good to go?
What roles have we settled on?

One alternative is to let the mafia have a stool pigeon who can spy on one person per night and find out if that person has a special ability.

To get the game moving quicker I can let the stool pigeon and the investigator have one go each before the game starts so that there is a little info to go on for day 1.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Mafia 2011 - Session VI - INTEREST

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:55 pm

You put the miller in. You put a watcher in. No isk or vig though. That is an even format. Remember the mafia has no special roles to counter act the doctor or the investigator. The mafia really do need something to weaken the investigator. My understanding (from the site I read about to learn what this game is before joining) is that the miller is a very standard character.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:we good to go?
What roles have we settled on?

One alternative is to let the mafia have a stool pigeon who can spy on one person per night and find out if that person has a special ability.

To get the game moving quicker I can let the stool pigeon and the investigator have one go each before the game starts so that there is a little info to go on for day 1.

you're the mod so just throw out whatever roles you want and lets get going
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk