Stumped on Keepers - Johan... Strasburg? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Stumped on Keepers - Johan... Strasburg?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Stumped on Keepers - Johan... Strasburg?

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 pm

If you had say 10 keepers, i would go with SS. But with 5, i go Uggla. Lackey/Santana aren't keepers with only 5.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby kab21 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 am

Pedro is overrated and shouldn't be a keeper. In a pts league he'll kill you with the K's and not score many points in R/RBI's (the Pirates) while not stealing any bases.

Keep your original 4 (almost no-brainers imo) and I pick Strasburg. It does suck to start in a hole with one of your keepers out for half the season. But the rest (other than maybe B.J.) just aren't keeper material imo.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 am

kab21 wrote:Pedro is overrated and shouldn't be a keeper. In a pts league he'll kill you with the K's and not score many points in R/RBI's (the Pirates) while not stealing any bases.

Keep your original 4 (almost no-brainers imo) and I pick Strasburg. It does suck to start in a hole with one of your keepers out for half the season. But the rest (other than maybe B.J.) just aren't keeper material imo.

SS is out closer to the entire season. Add in how the Nats have handled SS so far and I doubt he sniffs the majors at all this year. They will probably keep him in the minors and limit his innings to try and get him back to full speed by 2012.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby luger » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks again, everyone. Your advice has all been very helpful... It's funny to see some of the same arguments I've had in my own head play out within this thread too, haha.

I'm going to go with the 5 hitters and maybe try to grab Strasburg in the first couple rounds anyway.
luger
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby HybridTheory » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:40 pm

I don't keep Strasburg, you have to win now and future. With that surgery,nothing is guaranteed. I lean towards Upton as your final keeper. Look for a big year from him, now that his shoulder is finally healthy.
HybridTheory
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions