2011 Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

2011 Chat

Moderator: rotoquest

2011 Chat

Postby TheRock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Let's see.. league business:

Anything we want to change from last year? I'm pretty happy with the roster we've been using, wouldn't mind adding more innings since we have more spots than a normal league. We want to look into using Yahoo's FAAB? I haven't used it before or read up on it much. Anyone have experience there? I had a football league on ESPN that used their FAAB this year and it was a train wreck.

As soon as we're full I'll get a draft set up on couchmanagers. We'll do round 0 again. Tradition and all.

Seems to normally take us 2 weeks or so to draft, when do we want to plan on starting that? Once we have an idea on that, we know how long we can wait on emb and cheese. Need a few days if we need to find new owners.
Image
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3055
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: America's Heartland

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby Third Day » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 pm

The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2096
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby TheRock » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Third Day wrote:The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation


That was my experience with ESPN. If Yahoo is anywhere near as bad, I'm thinking we skip it.
Image
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3055
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: America's Heartland

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby Third Day » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 pm

TheRock wrote:
Third Day wrote:The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation


That was my experience with ESPN. If Yahoo is anywhere near as bad, I'm thinking we skip it.



It isn't even so much the site as the fact that I believe that FAAB was set up originally for weekly change leagues and it doesn't work well at all for daily change.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2096
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby oscar15 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 pm

I prefer no changes. However, I certainly understand an increase in innings for pitchers.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it."
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby emb0lus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

if everyone shows up this year, do we turn this into a keeper league to shake it up a little? We have never been 12 for 12 on returning players I don't believe.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 706
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TN

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby RedBullVodka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 882
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 9 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby CheeseBeger » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 am

emb0lus wrote:if everyone shows up this year, do we turn this into a keeper league to shake it up a little? We have never been 12 for 12 on returning players I don't believe.


I would definitely be up for turning this into a keeper league
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby oscar15 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 am

RedBullVodka wrote:I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D



;-D
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: 2011 Chat

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

oscar15 wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D



;-D



What the heck are these squiggles? They are making my head hurt as well!!!!!

I say keeper....but not opposed to keeping this as is, I enjoy ghetting my butt kicked every year as well...Oscar, we'll be fighting it out near the bottom again in 2011....
Image
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1672
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Next

Return to Leftovers League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact