Mafia V: The mafia where lastings owned coug - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V: The mafia where lastings owned coug

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia V: The mafia where lastings owned coug

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:57 am

Sorry it took awhile guys, I just got home.

The town awakens to gruesome sight, with pieces of dan lambskin strewn throughout the town. As a warning to the rest of the town, the last mafioso had used a snow-blower to shower the town with the remains of his victim, leaving the stench of creeping into every nook and cranny.

The town had one more chance to end the brutality once and for all before they met the same fate as their fellow townies.

Four players left, three votes to lynch. Gogogo.
Last edited by GiantsFan14 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia V- Day 5

Postby jfg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:20 am

Vote: Lastings
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 am

Killing Dan helps more than Mook IMO, so we'll take it. Down to jfg or lastings...

After re-reading the days again, lastings stinks quite a bit as far as saying a lot without saying anything in Day 1 and then lurking a lot in Days 2, 3 and 4.

Much more I could say, but I'll see what Mookie thinks as the other 2 are just going to vote for each other...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 pm

obviously it's going to come down to the votes of the known townies. coug and mookie. jfg and I vote for each other, of course.

vote: jfg

the fate of the town rests in your hands. I implore you guys to take your time. look carefully through every post and every vote. I think if you look long enough you will see the obvious answer. I mean, seriously, day 1 I was relentless attacking wake and kept it up through day 2 until he was dead. meanwhile, not voting for aqua. I also had a pretty early vote for ken.

anyways, I think it's obvious and I think you'll see it, too.. but there is really not a lot more I can say at this point. Up to you guys to make the right decision.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:23 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Much more I could say, but I'll see what Mookie thinks as the other 2 are just going to vote for each other...

Smartest thing you have ever said.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Day 1 - votes on aqua the townie (brox, steelers, wacky, ken, leb, wake) I'm missing the 6th vote on aqua, he may still be alive
Day 2 - votes on wake (mookie, lastings, lesbo, bronx, ken)
Day 3 - big ken votes (mookie, Wacky, lastings, jfg)
Day 4 - votes on lebo (Dan, wacky, lasting, jfg)

btw - clap clap. Awesome game by the last mafia whether he is jfg or lastings. Your voting has confused and confounded. It must have been very frustrating playing with the other amateur mafia.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:27 pm

If lastings is mafia. I take my hat off to him for playing the best mafia I have seen.

Vote: jfg
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Man, this sucks - I was all ready to come in here and agree with you on lastings after I re-read and thought about it for a while !+)

Mook, please don't badger, demean or anything else; I just have a couple of questions/thoughts I want your take on about lastings...

Doesn't the whole fighting with wake and ken just seem all to clean in that they kind of went at him hard while letting him never get that close to death while it was in a deadlock, and then they just went him him really hard again? I've seen this tried like 3 times this year where the mafia tries to create a super-absolved baddie by going after him a bit and letting him vote them off when need be. He had an early vote on wake, but that's partly because three people had expressed interest in killing him and he'd made a few missteps.

He made only a few meaningful posts on Day 1 even though he had 16 total over those days. He voted for you, said a whole lot of nothing in between a couple of posts where he actually didn't act that crazy or do what he claims to do, mostly just threw a bunch of names out there and then voted for wake anyway. No townie votes, no bandwagons (since he just voted for you and then slipped away after that cooled for whatever reason) and it seems like ken was voting for him just because, and almost phrased things like he intended on changing to Aqua the whole time - if they killed four townies in two days and created a super mafia (via voting record, lack of ties, etc.) it would be worth it to try what I'm implying. Something about two mafia pushing THAT hard at a townie to paint him as mafia is my biggest stumbling block on this one...

I just think that lastings is wild enough and wake is smart/cocky enough to try something like this. AND, he's just been a bit too vanilla the last few days and with his post today for me to feel good about voting for jfg right now. Way too much agreement and cozying up by lastings in the last few days, and I think his votes look more orchestrated than jfgs from the outside. On Day 4 especially, there was a lot of piggybacking onto my Dan theories and then moving on to Lebo when I jumped ship. And now? He's onto jfg, though it's only through proving his innocence - no attacks, no theories, no nothing...weird...

I could be totally off base here and I'm sure you'll tell me when and why, but too many things stick out for me to decide quickly on this one...jfg by no means looks clean, but I just think that lastings being part of an orchestrated chaos at the beginning like this seems almost more plausible than jfg's weird lurking, screwy kill votes and insistence on killing himself when a number of people could have finished him off when he was a vote from death...

lastings, feel free to chip in if I've missed something here.
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:45 pm

hmmmm

I completely absolve lastings and say that he's not on my radar and dan gets whacked during the night. If jfg was the baddie you would expect him to kill me or wacougs during the night.

Either way this is a crafty bad guy.

Needs some more thought, unfortunately there is lunch then hockey. Will come back to it later.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:46 pm

jfg, an observation directed at you but with a need for thoughts Mook too:

Last night I was bored out of my mind at work and was watching closely to see who logged on (and when) to try and ascertain a possible connection to the mafioso. The day ended around 3:50 p.m. PST with your vote, and then you logged off for a few hours. In the meantime, GF was on pretty much the whole night (maybe on his phone, but he was checking constantly). Dan logged on about an hour/hour and a half later, and we know he was one of the two missing PMs. You logged on three separate times, around 6, 6:45 and 7:15 PST, the whole time while GF was online in one form or another. He didn't post the day until 2 hours later, though he did add that he was sorry for taking so long (in italics)...

Now, lasting has his online status hidden, so there's no way to confirm this for sure, but with you having ostensibly four chances to PM your kill vote in a five+ hour window for GF to post the day (and he's done so from his phone 1-2 of the other 4 days) if you were mafia, I think he would have posted it sooner.

Just a wild-ish theory, but thought I'd share since I noticed in my boredom at the ol' newspaper last night...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Next

Return to General Talk