Trading AROD whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading AROD whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading AROD whir

Postby Guzman24 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Is now the time to trade Arod?

Right now I am sitting without a 1st and 2nd round pick in my keeper league as I traded them away last season to help me win the title.

I have: Votto, Teix, Reyes, Kemp, Arod, Hart, Reynolds, Verlander, JJohnson, Price, Liriano as potential keepers. We keep 8

I've been offered Kinsler plus a 1st round pick for Arod. Although he's on the decline I still feel like Arod has another couple 100rbi seasons left in him. I know I need 2b but Kinsler scares the heck out of me. Or is this the year he finally stays healthy in which case this trade would be pretty good?

12 team H2H 5x5 obp intead of avg qs instead of w's
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading AROD whir

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:16 pm

AROD is losing his 1st round luster, and is mainly going by name and team reconition, I would go with the Kinsler trade, also after trading AROD I wouldn't keep Reynolds, Camden is not a hitters park like in Arizona was, so Reynolds power should be really limited (25-30 range which is okay but the average will cripple you)

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=421808
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Hawkeye1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:27 pm

I find myself in the same spot regarding ARod (see link below). Based on your current roster, I like this deal for you. ARod is now an injury risk too and he's getting old. He may put up decent numbers this year, but it won't last for long. Kinsler's younger and should be hungry to prove he's not a hangnail away from being irrelevant. Plus there's the first round draft pick!

Help? viewtopic.php?t=421786
Hawkeye1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Actually, I'd be pretty annoyed if that trade was made in my league. ARod MIGHT be worth either a 1st round pick OR Kinsler... but personally I wouldnt trade just my 1st rounder for him let alone throw in a top player at a thin position. That's robbing the other player.
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 48)

Postby raek » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Realize that with 8 keepers per team, a first round pick wont net you a true "first round" player.
-raek
raek
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Yeah... I guess its hard for us to comment on the value of that without knowing what players will be available in the draft. In a big league with lots of keepers, it also depends on where you draft in the first round. Do you know who might be available at the time he'd be picking? i.e. if he picks 8th... what are the top 8 players available? In any case though... I'd probably want Kinsler over ARod anyways (but its close) so I cant see how this could be bad unless your 1st round pickings are REALLY weak.
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Guzman24 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Ernie.Whitt. wrote:Yeah... I guess its hard for us to comment on the value of that without knowing what players will be available in the draft. In a big league with lots of keepers, it also depends on where you draft in the first round. Do you know who might be available at the time he'd be picking? i.e. if he picks 8th... what are the top 8 players available? In any case though... I'd probably want Kinsler over ARod anyways (but its close) so I cant see how this could be bad unless your 1st round pickings are REALLY weak.

Its tough to say as keepers have not been named as of yet.

In a 12 team league with each team keeping 8 a 1st round pick would basically net you a player ranked around 100.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Elsy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm kind of in the same dilemma, have AROD on my roster that you commented on about Sizemore. And have been thinking the same thing recently, is it time to move him? While I am shopping I won't just give him away, and may wait until the season starts and hope he starts hot and move him to a team that maybe isn't quite off to the start they want in hopes of turning things around. But value for him is awfully tough as your not going to get prolly what he is actually worth in keepers because the team you trade him to will only get 3-4 more really productive seasons, where your prolly going to be going after some younger talent that will help you for 8-10 years (hopefully).
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

i think you pull the trigger, hopefully there's a top 25 type player available in the first round, depending on who's keeping who, the first round may not hold even top 30 talent by the time you get to your pick

nonetheless, I think the round 1 pick and kinsler are the better move
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 pm

I would do it. Kinsler and Arod are pretty close, but you get younger, and you get a 1st.
BTW, Hart isn't a option of your 10.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions