Lincy for ARod and Pagan? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lincy for ARod and Pagan? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lincy for ARod and Pagan? WHIR

Postby Hawkeye1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm in a 15 team keeper roto league. Positions are: 2 Cs, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OFs, Util. and 9 Ps (any combo of SPs and RPs). We also have 9 bench slots. Categories are: Doubles + Triples, HRs, KOs, OBP, Runs, RBI - HRs, SB - Caught stealing, SLG, ERA, Ks, CGs, Holds, HRs Allowed, Net Saves, Ws - Ls and WHIP. You must sacrifice the draft slot you selected your keeper with which I've indicated after all of my potentials. Lincecum would be an 8th rounder.

ARod isn't getting younger and it'd be nice to have my 1st round pick back, but he's still productive. Pagan has had one good season, but is a 31st round pick. Lincy had a down year in 2010, but his stats don't lie. Do I consider this deal? If so, how much more do I ask for in return as far as draft picks go?

Also, would anyone consider trading ARod for JReyes? He's a second round pick. Again, do I ask for draft picks to balance out the injury risk? Thanks!

Carlos Santana – C - 17
Kevin Youkilis – 1B - 16
A-Rod – 3B - 1
Neil Walker – 2B - 10
Adam Dunn – 1B - 3
Aubrey Huff – 1B/OF - 17
Angel Pagan – OF - 31
Carlos Quentin – OF - 20
Domonic Brown – OF - 30
Chad Billingsley – SP - 10
Madison Bumgarner – SP - 10
Cliff Lee – SP - 29
John Danks – SP - 13
Hawkeye1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lincy for ARod and Pagan? WHIR

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm not lear how many guys you get to keep, but I definitely wouldnt keep ARod if it cost my first pick... nor do I think I' protect Reyes with my 2nd. You've got lots of great selections there including Youk, Lee, Brown and Pagan. Regardless of how many guys you can keep though, I wouldnt keep Reyes or ARod at those picks. If you can trade them... just get whatever you can for them and build with younger healthier stars with your first few picks.
Thanks for the help with mine.
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 49)

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Ahhh.... I misread your question. Yes... Lincecum as an 8th rounder... absolutely. As I wouldnt keep ARod anyways I'd do that. While I'd like Pagan with that round... he certainly wouldnt stop me from wanting Lincecum.
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 49)

Postby Remotethumb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm

I wonder who would be available in the re-draft. If I understand, even though A-Rod is a first round pick, if you throw him back chances are he might be your best option in the re-draft anyway, due to keepers, correct?

So if you trade A-Rod (the Pagan part is no big deal, even at that low of a draft pick..) then you get Lincecum and a first rounder pick? I would do it considering you need so many pitchers. I think with the position requirements, you may be able to get away with a mid-tier 3B instead of A-Rod, especially if you can make up his stats with your first pick (same stats but you have lincecum)
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Hawkeye1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 am

Sorry. We keep 7 players. I don't think ARod will be available when i draft in the first round as league champ gets to pick his draft spot followed by the runner up and so on. I held a fire sale at the end of 2010 to build for this year and likely won't be drafting high in the first. My thought is that I can start Youky at 3B and Dunn at 1B and see what's available in the draft. As a part of my rebuilding project, I managed to acquire additional 4th, 5th and 6th round picks, so if I'm not successful this year, it's my own fault.
Hawkeye1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AshesOfEmpires » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

I'd rather have Lincecum and the first rounder.

viewtopic.php?t=421788
AshesOfEmpires
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby mak1277 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am

I'd lean towards making the trade, but you can't evaluate it properly without projecting who your first pick is going to be. My only worry is that you'll end up with a team where Youk is your best hitter...I don't know that I'd be happy with that.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Hawkeye1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am

To give you an idea of the players (non-keepers) selected in the first round last year, please see list below:
Jeter, Manny, Bay, Derrek Lee, Ichiro, Berkman, Stephen Drew, Aramis Ramirez, and Josh Hamilton.
Hawkeye1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Elsy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:08 pm

I like that deal for you, but would see if I could squeeze out and additional 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby birdbrains » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 pm

if you get your 1st round pick back i would say yes and as far as pagan ..i like him but he is on a bad team,,, and i am a met fan...
i would consider it...see what a few more of us say
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 109)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions