Mafia V- Night 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V- Night 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia V- Day 4

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 am

WaCougMBS wrote:[*]On Day 4 he votes against jfg, who he baited into voting for him with some previous banter, and tries to pile onto my Day 1 analysis, which I pretty much abandoned in Day 2 when I was more suspicious of wake, ken and Lebo - he deflects jfg's accusations and gives some lame reasons why he's not guilty after that, tries to bait jfg more and then heads to bed.

sorry i meant Day 4 Page 1 here...

anyway at this point the only other person who could claim to be the Doc now is Lastings (JFG claimed townie, Lebo said he thinks i'm doc and was trying to bait JFG)...so hopefully these last 3 posts of mine of convinced everyone i'm innocent...even though it likely means i'm getting whacked tonight
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:34 am

hey guys.. when I left work yesterday it sounded like we were taking a break for friday night... guess I was wrong..

looks like some interesting stuff here.. I'm happy to vote for jfg or dan and if we're wrong, slaughter the other tomorrow.. Coug makes some great points about dan, but this doctor schtick dan is going with is also pretty believable. especially since no one seems to be refuting dan's claims. so until I hear otherwise I believe dan. if dan is lying, i haven't really thought much about whether the real doc should come out, though. it's early and i'm hung over. coug, you want to figure this stuff out and break it down for me? kthx
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Dan, why on Earth would you protect BronX on Night 1? That's a convenient strategy for saying you protected me on Night 2 and would absolve you from a terrible non protection of the investigator, but why BronX of all people on Night 1 when the standard play is to protect someone who seems to be more at risk or no one at all to save until you know more?

And yes, I saw your Day 3 post, and maybe it's through the lens I want to see it through, but it looked/looks much more like trying to distance yourself from them than anything else...

However, one thing that sticks in my mind after your doctor claim is that it would kind of stupid to try to claim doctor as the mafiosi because if anyone else comes out then it's down to lynching one of you today and the other one tomorrow - basically a lose-lose for you or any other mafioso if they think they have even a 10% chance of winning.
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

So as far as I'm concerned, I guess we're down to seeing if someone else will claim to be the doctor. I think it absolutely helps the town to come out as the doctor, so Lebo, lastings, jfg or Mookie: If you are the real Doc please come out and let's guarantee we end this thing before Night 5 with a good outcome for the town.

If no one comes out then we'll have to assume that no one is being an idiot (because it would be) and keeping their role a secret and that Dan is, in fact, the doctor (who has played a very shady, weird game as a good guy). Then we'll be down to lynching two of jfg, Lebo and lastings (in that order for me, though the top 2 are close and lastings is certainly not innocent by any means)...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 pm

IF Dan is the dr. then lets just finish this day and win the game. If the real Doc doesn't come forward it may cost us this game. If dan is the doc then mafia is either jfg or lastings. One more day and it's done. I really think you are overthinking this coug.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Looking back over this day why are we absolving Lebo? His voting pattern means that he could be mafia. And if we go after jfg and lastings then lebo can win this.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:23 pm

So Lebo isn't the doc, Mookie isn't the doc and I'm not the Doc. Dan could be/is, jfg has given no indication he is and lastings we're not sure? If that's the case then someone come forward or I say we string up Lebo or jfg and go from there...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Vote Tally
jfg - 2 (jfg, Lebo)
Dan - 1 (Cougs)

4 votes needed
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:So as far as I'm concerned, I guess we're down to seeing if someone else will claim to be the doctor. I think it absolutely helps the town to come out as the doctor, so Lebo, lastings, jfg or Mookie: If you are the real Doc please come out and let's guarantee we end this thing before Night 5 with a good outcome for the town.

If no one comes out then we'll have to assume that no one is being an idiot (because it would be) and keeping their role a secret and that Dan is, in fact, the doctor (who has played a very shady, weird game as a good guy). Then we'll be down to lynching two of jfg, Lebo and lastings (in that order for me, though the top 2 are close and lastings is certainly not innocent by any means)...

i figured by playing a little shady the mafia is more likely to keep me around...as far as Day 1 and protecting Bronx he was about the only one i felt was innocent and thought he might be the investigator...just sucks he had to reveal himself Day 2 and i couldnt protect him

anyway i'm willing to string up Lebowski and then flip a coin between JFG and Lastings the following day...if someone else wants to off JFG or Lastings today that's fine with me too

VOTE: Lebowski
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:So as far as I'm concerned, I guess we're down to seeing if someone else will claim to be the doctor. I think it absolutely helps the town to come out as the doctor, so Lebo, lastings, jfg or Mookie: If you are the real Doc please come out and let's guarantee we end this thing before Night 5 with a good outcome for the town.

i figured by playing a little shady the mafia is more likely to keep me around...as far as Day 1 and protecting Bronx he was about the only one i felt was innocent and thought he might be the investigator...just sucks he had to reveal himself Day 2 and i couldnt protect him

anyway i'm willing to string up Lebowski and then flip a coin between JFG and Lastings the following day...if someone else wants to off JFG or Lastings today that's fine with me too

VOTE: Lebowski

If you string me up today you have to string up jfg tomorrow or he wins. YOu can't pansy-foot around and think maybe dan or lastings. You have to decide now.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk