Chandra Levy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Chandra Levy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chandra Levy

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:25 am

StlSluggers wrote:I could care less about political affiliation. I'm just shocked that a guy could get convicted, let alone get 60 years, with what seems to be practically no evidence at all.

Shocked? Really?

This isn't a surprise to me. He was a bad guy they needed to get off the streets, so they got him off the streets. No different than Saddam. He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed. Same thing here, just a much smaller scope.

Now if the guy really didn't kill Levy, then someone got away with it. That bugs me more than them pinning a murder on someone that needed to be removed from public anyway.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:17 am

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I could care less about political affiliation. I'm just shocked that a guy could get convicted, let alone get 60 years, with what seems to be practically no evidence at all.

Shocked? Really?

This isn't a surprise to me. He was a bad guy they needed to get off the streets, so they got him off the streets. No different than Saddam. He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed. Same thing here, just a much smaller scope.

Now if the guy really didn't kill Levy, then someone got away with it. That bugs me more than them pinning a murder on someone that needed to be removed from public anyway.

The only thing that's not shocking in this thread is your ability to be completely wrong on every societal issue you take a stance on.

Also, the WMD story was floated by Saddam himself to keep Iran out of his borders. He never thought the West would invade over it. Fact-checking is your friend, Madison. Pity you shot it when it came by your house with some flowers and chocolates.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 am

StlSluggers wrote:The only thing that's not shocking in this thread is your ability to be completely wrong on every societal issue you take a stance on.

Also, the WMD story was floated by Saddam himself to keep Iran out of his borders. He never thought the West would invade over it. Fact-checking is your friend, Madison. Pity you shot it when it came by your house with some flowers and chocolates.

Blah, blah, blah. The WMD story I was referring to was that Bush used it as his basis for going in instead of just admitting that the US needed to flex some military muscle after dropping the ball with Bin Laden. Of course Bush blew the plan of getting rid of Saddam quick and easy, but that's another story.

You accusing me of being wrong on "every societal issue" I take a stand on is funny. Seems you've been brainwashed my friend and that's a shame because you have always been one of the good guys in my book, so I really hope you just missed your morning coffee today or something. If not, then it's a real shame the internet idiots have claimed another good soul.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 am

By the way, from the link you provided (since I got bored waiting on your response):

Former president George W. Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq six years ago on the grounds that Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction and posed a threat to international security.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Madison wrote:No different than Saddam. He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed.

:-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby wrveres » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 am

Madison wrote:He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed.
thats a reach, at best. a rewrite of history at worst.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:08 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed.
thats a reach, at best. a rewrite of history at worst.

Wait, I must be in a parallel universe or something today...

Are you saying Bush didn't claim Saddam had WMD's and we didn't go in and get him? 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby wrveres » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am

im saying you are doing the same thing that you are accusing Sluggers of doing. giving into liberal bullshit history rewrites ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 am

Madison wrote:By the way, from the link you provided (since I got bored waiting on your response):

Former president George W. Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq six years ago on the grounds that Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction and posed a threat to international security.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Madison wrote:No different than Saddam. He needed to be removed, so the WMD story was floated, and he was removed.

You must have chosen the wrong word. When someone 'floats a story', it is supposed to mean that the story itself is fake and put out as disinformation or as bait to get other information. Literally, you'll see that it means 'to suggest', but that definition is much stronger than the actual usage. Maybe you meant to say that WMDs were used as justification for the invasion. That would be correct, but no story was 'floated' unless you can prove that most of the world, including the U.N., knew they were dealing with misinformation and chose to believe for the purposes of supporting an invasion.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby wrveres » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:32 am

wrveres wrote:im saying you are doing the same thing that you are accusing Sluggers of doing. giving into liberal bullshit history rewrites ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs

He said I was wrong on every societal issue I comment on, and both he and I know that's absurd, so the brainwashing comment was simply to figure out what the heck was going on. I said it nicely and even mentioned I hoped he simply missed his morning coffee or something. Geez. :-b This place sure has turned touchy-feely. :-o

StlSluggers wrote:You must have chosen the wrong word. When someone 'floats a story', it is supposed to mean that the story itself is fake and put out as disinformation or as bait to get other information. Literally, you'll see that it means 'to suggest', but that definition is much stronger than the actual usage. Maybe you meant to say that WMDs were used as justification for the invasion. That would be correct, but no story was 'floated' unless you can prove that most of the world, including the U.N., knew they were dealing with misinformation and chose to believe for the purposes of supporting an invasion.

Do I think the WMD story....errr...."justification"... was hogwash? Absolutely. By "float the story" I simply meant that he used something that could be argued as plausible (although unlikely) as his "official" and "public" reason for going in. I didn't mean to imply that he was the first to dream up WMD's or anything like that, simply that he "tossed it out there" (better?) that he was going in because of that.

Anyway, I've stated that position more times than I can count on the board, so why is it an issue now? :-S

The entire thing and reason for my post was that I was surprised that you were "shocked" (to use your word) that a bad man got locked away without really any evidence. It certainly isn't the first time, it won't be the last, and the number of times something similar to that have happened is too large to count. So I don't understand you being "shocked" about it. Would be like me being shocked the sun came up today. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk