Return to General Talk

Mafia V- Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia V- Day 2

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 pm

wake wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
wake wrote:
It seemed obvious he was trying to cover himself. The only time someone would say, "Trust me, you'll be making a huge mistake" would be when they're mafia or if they have a special role. Since he wasn't saying what that special role specifically was (and thus revealing to the person who actually had that special role that Aqua was lying), it seemed likely he was mafia.

Of course, I ended up being wrong, but I also don't expect a regular townie to try and imply special townie status to try and save themselves. It is assumed that townies will always tell the truth.

You lost me. What special status did he imply he had or how did he imply this?

Aqua wrote:Trust me. A big mistake if you let me die.

That was my read of it at least. Its sounds like Dan and Bronx picked up the same thing.

I did read it that way as well. And it's another reason why I won't be shedding any tears for Aqua, as that type of play is really not helping the town at all.

But there are two special-role townies (doctor and investigator). So if this statement from you above:

wake wrote:Since he wasn't saying what that special role specifically was (and thus revealing to the person who actually had that special role that Aqua was lying), it seemed likely he was mafia.

Is meant to imply that you're a special-role townie, then there was still a chance that Aqua was the other one. Yet you still slapped the kill vote on him before anyone could back up Lambskin's advice to slow down. Now, I'm not saying you should have believed Aqua, because I probably wouldn't have either at that point. But you were nowhere to be seen during the discussions over whether to change our votes to Aqua. Yet you swoop in after a long period of silence and put the kill vote on him...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm

ok, so I had two big targets on day 1.. the aqua movement had a big impact on both of them, to me.

1) sorry to back down from my crackpot theories, but he looked pretty non-mafia at the end there. could be a clever move to reduce my suspicion of the situation, but for the time being, it worked.

2) the other is wake. what the heck was that, wake? even as dan is slowing it down to discuss what the right move is, wake just jumps in and drops the kill shot.. i don't know that i've ever seen such an obvio-mafio move before. that was rediculous.

VOTE: WAKE!!!!!!

by the way.. nice vote on me to start this up.. could you please describe to the group what it was that made me look 'even more mafia than you thought I was yesterday'? i'm certainly interested to hear..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

If wake is saying that he thought that aqua was implying that he was a special role townie why was that a reason to come in with the kill vote?

I understand now that you took his statement of "you will regret it" to mean that he had a special ability (I certainly didn't see it that way. I took it to mean that you will regret killing a townie) but I would have thought that once this implication is raised you would look for clarification and not swoop in with the kill vote. Not consistent at all.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 pm

oops.. sorry. my #1 above is in reference to dan..
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

wake wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Wake throwing on the final vote on a known townie doesn't look good

It seemed obvious he was trying to cover himself. The only time someone would say, "Trust me, you'll be making a huge mistake" would be when they're mafia or if they have a special role. Since he wasn't saying what that special role specifically was (and thus revealing to the person who actually had that special role that Aqua was lying), it seemed likely he was mafia.

Of course, I ended up being wrong, but I also don't expect a regular townie to try and imply special townie status to try and save themselves. It is assumed that townies will always tell the truth.

i thought he did have a special role but i figured there was a reason he didnt come out and role claim (aside from him not actually having a role :-b ).

If he says he's the doctor he's getting killed by the mafia that night no questions asked...by leaving it ambiguous the mafia have to decide if they take the change he's the doctor and get the kill or that he's the investigator who the doctor will protect (assuming he picked up what i picked up on) and get no kill for the night, so maybe they go after another townie for a sure kill (or at least a much higher percentage kill)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm on board with mookies train of thought. Wake slapped down the kill vote. Wake is either a bit off his game, or he is guilty as all get out.

Vote : wake
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

BigLebowski wrote:I'm on board with mookies train of thought. Wake slapped down the kill vote. Wake is either a bit off his game, or he is guilty as all get out.

pretty par for the course for lebowski here. just swoop in and drop a substance-free vote.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:18 pm

BigLebowski wrote:I'm on board with mookies train of thought. Wake slapped down the kill vote. Wake is either a bit off his game, or he is guilty as all get out.

I don't buy this. Wake has a ton of suspicion right now from literally everyone else in the game but you and jfg. Mookie and lastings have been all over him, Coug voted for him Day 1 and said he was going after him (and jfg) after Aqua, ken and Lambskin have both said he looks really bad and I've voiced my suspicions of him heavily over two pages of this thread.

It would appear wake is going to get killed so with all that heat. So it would make sense for a fellow mafioso to put a vote on him (even the 3rd vote) in an attempt to better his own image.

wake, BigL and jfg remain my 3 top suspects. I'm going to wait before voting for wake to see if jfg has anything to contribute or anyone else has opinions or anything to add.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:

I don't buy this. Wake has a ton of suspicion right now from literally everyone else in the game but you and jfg. Mookie and lastings have been all over him, Coug voted for him Day 1 and said he was going after him (and jfg) after Aqua, ken and Lambskin have both said he looks really bad and I've voiced my suspicions of him heavily over two pages of this thread.

It would appear wake is going to get killed so with all that heat. So it would make sense for a fellow mafioso to put a vote on him (even the 3rd vote) in an attempt to better his own image.

wake, BigL and jfg remain my 3 top suspects. I'm going to wait before voting for wake to see if jfg has anything to contribute or anyone else has opinions or anything to add.

I'm with you guys here. This vote from Lebo really smells.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm

steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk