Mafia V- Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V- Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia V- Day 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Doing this from my phone, I spoil you guys.

Steelers is deadz0r. He can no longer talk.

Five votes for a lynch, gogogo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia V- Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 pm

From what I felt yesterday and the voting pattern I'm more sure than ever that wake is a baddie.

Vote: wake
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 pm

That was almost too fast. I was looking forward to getting a little work done while we were in night phase.

I'm pretty sure Dan is a townie at this point. Now that we know Aqua was a townie, I don't think Dan would've stalled if he was mafia.

However, I feel pretty confident lastings is mafia at this point. Even moreso than I did during Day 1.

Vote: Lastings
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Wake throwing on the final vote on a known townie doesn't look good

i think Cougs looks pretty bad as well...heated arguments with Steelers who was killed by Mafia and threw the 3rd vote on Aqua. i actually wouldn't be surprised if they were both mafia despite Cougs voting for and being suspicious of Wake

cue: "if i was mafia why would i kill someone i was arguing with all day"

Lebowksi mostly lurking and placing the 5th vote seems a little shady to me as well

i'll try and take a deeper look at Day 1 after lunch...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 pm

So wake tries to put in a squirrly vote on me without reason to get a bandwagon going.

As soon as it is pointed out to him he attacks the person who points it out and says "for pointing that out you are high on my list of suspects" humph humph. But never votes for that person.

Discretely removes the vote for me.

Then he hides in the weeds and pounces on aqua with the kill vote as soon as he got within a vote of a lynch.

If he's not mafia then he should step away from the guy wearing the "I'm with mafia" t-shirt because he's looking very Italian right now.

(now let's all wait for the "if I was mafia I would have killed you or lastings during the night" argument)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Unfortunate that Aqua wasn't mafia scum, but if we were going to lynch a townie then I'm not sorry it was an apathetic, unhelpful one. The mafia killing steelerfan makes sense because he didn't give off much of a suspicious vibe (at least to me) over the course of Day 1.

Reviewing Day 1, there are three names that are sticking out to me. One is jfg. He lurked and lurked and bickered with people, and then swooped in with a 3rd vote on WaCoug. He did not vote for townie Aqua, but the Aqua lynch happened basically overnight so he might not have even had an opportunity to do so if he wanted to.

Among the people that voted for Aqua (Me, steelerfan513, WaCougMBS, bigken117, BigLebowski, wake), I'm very suspicious of both wake and BigLebowski. Myself, steelerfan, Coug, ken and even Lambskin and Mookie had discussed the idea of switching all our votes to Aqua near the end of Day 1, as we all thought he was suspicious and wanted to move the day along. But wake never joined that discussion. He gained a bunch of suspicion from lastings, tried to defend himself and then slapped a retaliation vote on lastings and then kind of kept quiet while people decided what bandwagon they wanted to jump on (his, lastings or Cougs.) Then when we all switch to Aqua, wake swoops in with the kill vote, almost immediately after Aqua insinuated he was a special-role townie. :-?

Lebowski made all of 3 posts over that ridiculously long Day 1. He checked in and said "No lurking allowed." And then proceeded to lurk the rest of the day. He swooped in with a vote on lastings to "keep things interesting." Then disappeared again, until coming in and planting the 5th vote out of nowhere on Aqua. A few people (myself included) noted Lebowski's strange play, but nobody has made any sort of case against him. He's largely flown under the radar.

Lambskin tried to pump the brakes on Aqua after Aqua implied he had special abilities. I can't see a mafia member doing that when the Aqua train was at full-speed. Lambskin wasn't coming off as dirty to me before that, despite lastings crackpot theory, and that makes him seem even more pro-town.

Right now I'd like to hear some opinions on Lebowski and wake, the two who swooped in with the final two votes to kill Aqua. And I'd like to see if jfg pipes up now that Day 1 is over.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Wake throwing on the final vote on a known townie doesn't look good

It seemed obvious he was trying to cover himself. The only time someone would say, "Trust me, you'll be making a huge mistake" would be when they're mafia or if they have a special role. Since he wasn't saying what that special role specifically was (and thus revealing to the person who actually had that special role that Aqua was lying), it seemed likely he was mafia.

Of course, I ended up being wrong, but I also don't expect a regular townie to try and imply special townie status to try and save themselves. It is assumed that townies will always tell the truth.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

wake wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Wake throwing on the final vote on a known townie doesn't look good

It seemed obvious he was trying to cover himself. The only time someone would say, "Trust me, you'll be making a huge mistake" would be when they're mafia or if they have a special role. Since he wasn't saying what that special role specifically was (and thus revealing to the person who actually had that special role that Aqua was lying), it seemed likely he was mafia.

Of course, I ended up being wrong, but I also don't expect a regular townie to try and imply special townie status to try and save themselves. It is assumed that townies will always tell the truth.

You lost me. What special status did he imply he had or how did he imply this?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

I like to limit my suspect list but ...

still not a fan of Lastings, maybe he'll calm down today and actually try and help
wake does look really bad for not giving a known townie a chance to redeem himself
Lebo essentially does the same thing I hate on Aqua for
and Dan raises an interesting point about Cougs, coupled with mine (and others) concerns about his over-defensiveness on Day 1.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
wake wrote:

You lost me. What special status did he imply he had or how did he imply this?

Aqua wrote:Trust me. A big mistake if you let me die.

That was my read of it at least. Its sounds like Dan and Bronx picked up the same thing.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk