••Dynasty trade with top prospects•• - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

••Dynasty trade with top prospects••

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

••Dynasty trade with top prospects••

Postby triple3play » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:51 pm

H2H, points, dynasty league. We start 4 OF, 1 C, and 1 DH. Would you rather have/who fits my roster better: Dominic Brown or Jesus Montero? My OF: kemp, heyward, choo, victorino, Nelson Cruz, Cuddyer, Snider, and I have Trout and Brett Jackson in my minors. My catchers: Carlos Santana, Posada, Iannetta, and Gary Sanchez in my minors. So should I stick with Brown or trade him for Montero? This question is obviously more geared for my teams future, not this season?
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ••Dynasty trade with top prospects••

Postby Remotethumb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:30 pm

I would keep Brown, mostly because you have Santana

I see you are deep with young OFers...and your catchers aren't as deep, I just like Brown so much. I have Montero in my minors but I am anxiuos to see if they start trying him in other positions besides catcher this spring
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby KSig24 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

I certainly trade Brown for Montero. He is being touted as the next .300/30/100 guy and I would much rather have him at DH/1B/C than that of a high upside average OF. Regardless if you have Santana or not he is an insurance policy. Go big with Montero!

help? viewtopic.php?t=421686
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby boomheadshot45 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Don't trade for Montero. Brown is a legit 5 tool player. Unless you have a really bad 1B, I wouldn't do it. If you do, then I would consider it.
boomheadshot45
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:16 pm

I would take Montero easily over Brown. I think Brown has more hype than he should. I have read mixed reviews on him as a future MLB player. Montero is as sure a prospect as there is. Only thing with him is when does he get to play. Plus if he can stick a C for even a few years, his value is even greater.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions