League Customization - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Customization

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Customization

Postby wax4ever » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:21 pm

I've been a yahoo guy for years. I'm in a keeper league that's run on yahoo currently and we/I were looking for a site that allows for more customization. Particularly in one regard, since our league is fairly competitive we've been looking for a way to prevent owners from snagging the hot pickups/closers as soon as they do something in a game; creating race conditions that could decide the league. We are looking for something that has become fairly standard in the football games, which is locking the players to waiver when their games begin (and in the case of baseball, releasing them each night).. so that there would be several hours prior to the next day's game to stream or whatever.

I'm assuming from what I've read that CBS Commissioner should support this. Also I've setup a test Fantrax league and it seems to have the options required, but since I've never used the site I'm not sure exactly how those options get implemented in practice. If anyone has any first-hand experience on these sites; or knows of others that are more customizable and would support what were trying to do, please let me know. Thanks.

mike
wax4ever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Customization

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:51 pm

CBS is a pay league and is great if you have a Keeper League. If you have only a single season league, ESPN is free and just as good. ESPN has waivers but it isn't what you want. If a team drops a player he stays on waivers for one or two days (however it is set), but after that time he is a free agent and can be pickup by the first owner. They also have the FAAB where you bid on the players. This would be what would work for you. Every player has to be bid on and each owner only has a certain amount of (fake) money to bid with for the whole year. When that is gone you can't pickup any more players. You can set it to run once, twice a week or every night, it is up to you. This would give everyone a shot at the players.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner