1 game eligible players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

1 game eligible players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1 game eligible players

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

i just joined a league where eligibility is 20 games played last year or 1 game this year

so are there any good players who will become excellant value once they play 1 game somewhere?

like brandon inge...does he still randomly play a game at catcher? any non SS's randomly play a game or two at SS?
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1 game eligible players

Postby MTUCache » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i just joined a league where eligibility is 20 games played last year or 1 game this year

so are there any good players who will become excellant value once they play 1 game somewhere?

like brandon inge...does he still randomly play a game at catcher? any non SS's randomly play a game or two at SS?

No, Inge doesn't catch anymore (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it).

Most significant ones that I'm thinking of are Youkilis at 3B and Berkman in the OF...
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Wow, that's ridiculous. Is it at least one start, or just one game? I imagine the NL has a bunch of guys that might get an inning or two at the end of some games at a position they wouldn't normally play. Can't think of any candidates, but a guy like Michael Young, if he stays in Texas, would probably qualify all over the infield. Not many hitters that good are utility infielders.

As an aside, I'd be in favor of positional eligibility being locked at the beginning of the season. But that's another can of worms for another thread.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 131)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

MTUCache wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:i just joined a league where eligibility is 20 games played last year or 1 game this year

No, Inge doesn't catch anymore (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it).

Most significant ones that I'm thinking of are Youkilis at 3B and Berkman in the OF...

Those guys should have their respective eligibilities within a week even in 5 game eligibility leagues. I guess Michael Young could be an interesting guy depending on where he ends up. Zobrist could get a start a SS. I could envision a scenario where ARod filled in at SS, although I don't think it happened in either of the last two years. A one game catcher would be a potential gold mine, but nothing jumps out at me at the moment. Chances are the most advantageous eligibilities will result from in game injuries which are hard o predict by nature.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Nerfherders » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

The most likely helpful scenario would be an OF playing INF at some point, especially if you use CI and MI positions. But I couldn't tell you who might do it. 3B > SS is also somewhat common, but typically those are not full time players.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 5)

Postby fast dogs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

never cared for the rule. what normally happens is some long extra inning game a player will have to play out of position due to an injury or running out of players. Some emergency catcher gets thrust into duty for the end of the game and for the rest of the year he gets eligibility there for the rest of the season. rule needs to be abolished
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 300)

Return to Baseball Leftovers