H.Ramirez/J.Danks for J.Hamilton/C.Lee/J.Rollins, WHIR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

H.Ramirez/J.Danks for J.Hamilton/C.Lee/J.Rollins, WHIR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H.Ramirez/J.Danks for J.Hamilton/C.Lee/J.Rollins, WHIR!!

Postby coldfusion » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Currently being offering Josh Hamilton, Cliff Lee, and Jimmy Rollins for my Hanley Ramirez and John Danks in a 10 team Dynasty League (5x5 cats plus OBP, SLG, Holds, and K/BB). My biggest concern here is Hamilton's ability to stay healthy, as well as the fact that HanRam is dynasty gold as a young player with power and speed at a premium position. Rollins would of course replace the SB's I'd lose, while Hamilton would provide something of an upgrade in the power department. Lee would round out what I'd consider to be a pretty formidable pitching staff. That said, I'm just not sure, as my team would be getting considerably older in this deal. Thoughts? WHIR...

My team:

C Soto
1B Pujols
2B A. Hill
3B J. Bautista
SS H. Ramirez
CI Sandoval
MI S. Drew
LF Pat Burrell
CF Andrew McCutchen
RF Hunter Pence
OF Andres Torres
OF Shane Victorino
Ut Lance Berkman
Bn Logan Morrison
Bn Kyle Blanks

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Mat Latos
SP Max Scherzer
SP Daniel Hudson
RP Joakim Soria
RP Heath Bell
RP Neftali Feliz
P Johnny Venters
P Sergio Romo
P Matt Garza
Bn Trevor Cahill
Bn Ricky Nolasco
Bn Colby Lewis
Bn John Danks
coldfusion
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H.Ramirez/J.Danks for J.Hamilton/C.Lee/J.Rollins, WHIR!!

Postby onitapgr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 pm

I really like this trade for you. I would do it.
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't like this trade.

Both Lee and Rollins lose value because this is a 10 team league. Lee and Hamilton are injury risks. This is one of those trades where if everything goes right, you would win big but it also could go very wrong.

I would stick with the more stable Hanley.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby onitapgr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm

MaudDib wrote:I don't like this trade.

Both Lee and Rollins lose value because this is a 10 team league. Lee and Hamilton are injury risks. This is one of those trades where if everything goes right, you would win big but it also could go very wrong.

Lee gains value in this league...he has the best K/BB ratio in the league....by a lot.

Hamilton is an injury risk, sure but so is Hanley....so is every player in baseball.

Replacing Burrell with Hamilton in LF is a huge, huge upgrade....more than enough to justify replacing Hanley with Rollins.

Don't overthink this...plan for the next 2 or 3 years, not the next 10...I would do it in a heartbeat.
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SLBarnes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm

I"m biased here...i have Rollins' in a keeper league and can't get rid of him...I say don't do it. Hold on to Hanley...he is going to have a bounce back year from his 'bad' year last year.
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm

onitapgr wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I don't like this trade.

Lee gains value in this league...he has the best K/BB ratio in the league....by a lot.

Hamilton is an injury risk, sure but so is Hanley....so is every player in baseball.

Replacing Burrell with Hamilton in LF is a huge, huge upgrade....more than enough to justify replacing Hanley with Rollins.

Don't overthink this...plan for the next 2 or 3 years, not the next 10...I would do it in a heartbeat.

Anything Lee gains because of k/BB is lost because it is a 10 team league. Pitching is incredibly deep. Plus Lee has had multiple shoulder issues. He is no lock to give you 32 starts. I would bet on 25 and anything more is golden.

Every baseball player is not an injury risk. They all are likely to have an injury at some point in their careers but that doesn't make them an injury risk. Hamilton is a special case. No one knows what he has done to his body and no one knows how he will age. He was hurt a lot last year especially towards the end. He can put up unbelievable numbers don't get me wrong but it can be frustrating to own him (which I did last year). Don't forget that going into last year Hamilton was being ignored by a lot of owners. He is just as likely to have a 2009 type season as he is to have a 2010 season.

Hanley had a down year last year and that still put him near the top of the league. He is young and just getting into the prime of his career. I would be hard pressed to sell him right now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby onitapgr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:07 pm

MaudDib wrote:
Hanley had a down year last year and that still put him near the top of the league. He is young and just getting into the prime of his career. I would be hard pressed to sell him right now.

I would too, but this deal is enough for me...

Right now, he has to play Pat Burrell or Andre Torres everyday in LF. This is the kicker for me as he is essentially trading Hanley/Danks/Burrell for Rollins/Lee/Hamilton

One side is obviously more risky, injury-wise, but I think at worst you get equal production out of these guys (if there are injuries) and at best, this trade is a ****-ing steal....

Oh my, I cyber-swore....my bad
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I'd have to get a top 10 or two top 20 players to even discuss trading Hanley in a keeper.

So, no.
HldOnMgnolia
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions