Michael Young Trade Request - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Young Trade Request

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Michael Young Trade Request

Postby corefour » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Dodgers are a team that need a 3B and might be willing to pay for Young. Casey Blake? Barf.
corefour
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MTUCache » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 pm

If the Cardinals or Angels don't make some kind of inquiry I would be shocked.... I don't expect him to go anywhere, mostly because I doubt Texas is going to be willing to eat $20+M of that contract to get him out of there, but they definitely need to start mending some bridges with Young if he's going to be stuck in their clubhouse for the near future.

Best case scenario for Texas? Either Moreland or Kinsler gets hurt on their way to Spring Training and Young has a spot to play in the field everyday...
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 pm

MTUCache wrote:If the Cardinals or Angels don't make some kind of inquiry I would be shocked.... I don't expect him to go anywhere, mostly because I doubt Texas is going to be willing to eat $20+M of that contract to get him out of there, but they definitely need to start mending some bridges with Young if he's going to be stuck in their clubhouse for the near future.

Best case scenario for Texas? Either Moreland or Kinsler gets hurt on their way to Spring Training and Young has a spot to play in the field everyday...

lol kinsler getting hurt in order for an inferior offensive and defensive player to get playing time is a best case scenario?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 pm

isn't it a guarantee that kinsler gets hurt sometime during the season?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MTUCache » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:lol kinsler getting hurt in order for an inferior offensive and defensive player to get playing time is a best case scenario?

Tongue firmly in cheek obviously... but even jokingly I think it's necessary that some resolution comes before spring-training. The guy's been the face of their franchise for the last 5+ years, he's got a crap contract, and he's still got at least some trade value (if you're willing to eat half his contract).

If this boils over into the season it's going to ruin their locker room. And if they wait until next season to move him it could be a year too late...
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 am

Montana168 wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:
Montana168 wrote:
Yes, that was his original position until the Rangers forced him to move to SS for Ian Kinsler.

Pretty sure he was forced to SS for Alfonso Soriano.

Yes you are right, it was for Soriano not Kinsler. !+)

I thought he was originally a SS and they moved him to 2B because of A-Rod, that might not be true though.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:can he play 2B? if so i'd take him on the Tigers (or we could always tell Brandon Inge he's a backup again)

his defense at 2B would probably be pretty loltastic.

it's probably not any worse than the Scott Sizemore/Will Rhymes/Carlos Guillen/Warm Body platoon they'll be throwing out there and his offense would certainly be better than those turds

regardless Dombrowski has said they are "set" at 2B*

*we can't take on that kind of payroll
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Fenway Punk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:isn't it a guarantee that kinsler gets hurt sometime during the season?

yes.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers