Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:00 am

i just think it's funny that they killed mookie instead of me because they thought he was a better player. i mean srsly lol... man did that one backfire.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:09 am

First, nice job townies! Way to avenge my death... I wasn't really onto J at all... I was more suspecting of Inuk.

Second, these big games are way too huge. I think we'd be better off running concurrent games of 9 players each than we would with 19 in a game.... that's just too many. I really think a 9-man format with ISK, doc, investigator, 4 townies, and 2 mafia would be a nice setup, with the stipulation that the town wins if they eliminate the 2 mafia with multiple players remaining at the start of a day phase (aka if there was 0 mafia, multiple pro-towns and ISK at the beginning of a day phase, town wins). But it sounds like we won't be mafiaing for a while regardless.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:First, nice job townies! Way to avenge my death... I wasn't really onto J at all... I was more suspecting of Inuk.

Second, these big games are way too huge. I think we'd be better off running concurrent games of 9 players each than we would with 19 in a game.... that's just too many. I really think a 9-man format with ISK, doc, investigator, 4 townies, and 2 mafia would be a nice setup, with the stipulation that the town wins if they eliminate the 2 mafia with multiple players remaining at the start of a day phase (aka if there was 0 mafia, multiple pro-towns and ISK at the beginning of a day phase, town wins). But it sounds like we won't be mafiaing for a while regardless.

meh, six of one, half dozen of another. sucks at first but lots ride on the last few days considering how many ppl have been eliminated and failed.

also, j was entirely obvious and cliche on the last day. a more enthusiastic mob boss would have been challenging. no reason not to be enthusiastic, with the ability to kill two per night.

when you best that many players on pure skill and stand tall and alive at the end...

feelsgoodbro.

[IMG=http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8348/12966763140914695160.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:are you all ready to admit how incredibly big of a prick i am at this game?

FYP.

J/K, LOL :-b

Pro moves of the session:

• urban's protection of Giants in Night 2 definitely boded well for the town because it kept the town's numbers up and kept a savvy (albeit cocky and ridiculously self-aggrandizing) player on the good side until the end.
  • jfg's kills of h0rt AND Titan - taking h0rt out got the ball rolling on some mafiosi who had already been a bit reckless and exposed themselves, and even though he inexplicably changed his kill request from thedude to ken on Night 3 when he really woulda had things nailed, his kill of Titan saved the town from a pretty bad situation going into Day 5. If Titan was alive going into the day, he would have most likely been strung up and with 2 decent kills in Night 5, J would have only had to be less guilty than Inuk and/or teddy for the win (barring 2 perfect doctor saves). Maybe some accidental genius, but take what you can get, right? B-)
  • Thought lastings had played ISK REALLY well to the point where he was killed - not sure if J saw something or just took him out because he was a bit too quiet/noncommittal, but I really started thinking he had a nice shot going into Night 4...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:are you all ready to admit how incredibly big of a prick i am at this game?

FYP.

• urban's protection of Giants in Night 2 definitely boded well for the town because it kept the town's numbers up and kept a savvy (albeit cocky and ridiculously self-aggrandizing) player on the good side until the end.
  • jfg's kills of h0rt AND Titan - taking h0rt out got the ball rolling on some mafiosi who had already been a bit reckless and exposed themselves, and even though he inexplicably changed his kill request from thedude to ken on Night 3 when he really woulda had things nailed, his kill of Titan saved the town from a pretty bad situation going into Day 5. If Titan was alive going into the day, he would have most likely been strung up and with 2 decent kills in Night 5, J would have only had to be less guilty than Inuk and/or teddy for the win (barring 2 perfect doctor saves). Maybe some accidental genius, but take what you can get, right? B-)
  • Thought lastings had played ISK REALLY well to the point where he was killed - not sure if J saw something or just took him out because he was a bit too quiet/noncommittal, but I really started thinking he had a nice shot going into Night 4...

i would have made sure we didn't kill off titan, i was pretty positive he was a townie. also, the only reason i'm so cocky is that i have very good reason to be. it just shocks me that the mafia continue letting me live throughout these games when i'm constantly nailing them one after another.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Second, these big games are way too huge. I think we'd be better off running concurrent games of 9 players each than we would with 19 in a game.... that's just too many. I really think a 9-man format with ISK, doc, investigator, 4 townies, and 2 mafia would be a nice setup, with the stipulation that the town wins if they eliminate the 2 mafia with multiple players remaining at the start of a day phase (aka if there was 0 mafia, multiple pro-towns and ISK at the beginning of a day phase, town wins). But it sounds like we won't be mafiaing for a while regardless.

After modding this (and playing in the two 15-player games before this one), I have to agree. I think that 9 or 11 are still probably the best numbers, with 2-3 mafia and the usual special townies/and ISK.

I don't agree about the ISK at all though - I think he should stay the way he always has been and be on his own team, needing to make it til the end to win for himself. I think otherwise you might as well do without him altogether and have another special townie like the watcher or something (or go back to using the twins)...

As for the game being over for the season, I'm not so sure about that. I'm certainly down for another, and that means we're only 8 away from a game! I put an Interest Thread up in GT, so let's see where it leads ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

The town really came through despite the vig's best efforts to take them down ;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

FYP.

i would have made sure we didn't kill off titan, i was pretty positive he was a townie. also, the only reason i'm so cocky is that i have very good reason to be. it just shocks me that the mafia continue letting me live throughout these games when i'm constantly nailing them one after another.

we just didn't want to hear you bitch for the remainder of the game like you did last game.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 am

WaCougMBS wrote:[*]Thought lastings had played ISK REALLY well to the point where he was killed - not sure if J saw something or just took him out because he was a bit too quiet/noncommittal, but I really started thinking he had a nice shot going into Night 4...[/list]

I was really nervous the night both me and Vig got blocked.. thought I might have been made.

It'd be interesting to hear J's thoughts on why he killed be. would like to know if I was made or not.

Coug, you get any enjoyment form my relatively insane slaughterfests in the stories I wrote? :-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:18 am

bigh0rt wrote:we just didn't want to hear you bitch for the remainder of the game like you did last game.

sounds like it was pretty good strategy then.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk