Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS!

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:for the record, i was able to protect gf last night and was going to. just wanted to see if the mob boss would fall for the rouse. but none of that matters now.

i definitely picked up on that. also, did you protect me any other nights?

night 2 i protected you and lol wtf? i guess i did protect you on night 4. wow, i should stop drinking so much. coug would have let me know that and i would have protected steelers. btw, shout out to coug. great job, interesting stuff.

lol jfg, it's all good. you'll be super pro next yea i'm sure.

does anyone else get the feeling they can smell mafia through the interwebs now? like each mafia post has a certain je ne sais quoi no matter who is posting as mafia? its very interesting but you can literally feel it in your bones when you read one. i got that feeling with h0rt, aqua, and j35j.

i think this game can do wonders for you, even in a business/sales setting. it's like a course in communications.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:for the record, i was able to protect gf last night and was going to. just wanted to see if the mob boss would fall for the rouse. but none of that matters now.

he definitely protected you on Night 2, cause we tried to kill you.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:30 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

GF, he was protecting you night 2. We had made jfg as either a night killer or the investigator day 2, so we were going to kill him, but we decided to block him and kill you, after you literally stumbled over wake and I.

Aqua wanted to kill you night one for being annoying, but we decided to kill mookie because we felt he was the better player.

We were going to kill you night 3, but Wake made Lebo as the investigator.

Basically you lived because we figured out the town power roles and knew you were just a normal townie on day 3.

Nice game GF. Looks like we should have followed aqua's advice night 1.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 pm

urbanbreez wrote:does anyone else get the feeling they can smell mafia through the interwebs now? like each mafia post has a certain je ne sais quoi no matter who is posting as mafia? its very interesting but you can literally feel it in your bones when you read one. i got that feeling with h0rt, aqua, and j35j.

yes. i almost had a perfect game, just that one vote on steelers during day 2 messed it up. the only guy i wasn't sure about was h0rt, but i still put a vote down on him. i like to think i also have a pretty good vibe at picking out townies which makes it easier to isolate possible mafioso. i was pretty certain titan was a townie this game despite all the votes he was getting. also, i think it was lastings last game that was getting a lot of heat but i was pretty positive he was a townie.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:45 pm

thedude wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

GF, he was protecting you night 2. We had made jfg as either a night killer or the investigator day 2, so we were going to kill him, but we decided to block him and kill you, after you literally stumbled over wake and I.

Aqua wanted to kill you night one for being annoying, but we decided to kill mookie because we felt he was the better player.

We were going to kill you night 3, but Wake made Lebo as the investigator.

Basically you lived because we figured out the town power roles and knew you were just a normal townie on day 3.

Nice game GF. Looks like we should have followed aqua's advice night 1.

ah, i was wondering how the mafia could let someone so pro live that long, makes more sense now. i guess a lot of credit has to go to urban for keeping me alive.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Bahhh, nice job guys. I thought I was sitting pretty for the most part until GF all of a sudden turned on me. I did get pretty apathetic though here during the end...this game just starts to bore me after a while...I'm sure if I didn't get that way toward the end I may have stood a better chance...but whattya going to do... !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 pm

J35J wrote:Bahhh, nice job guys. I thought I was sitting pretty for the most part until GF all of a sudden turned on me. I did get pretty apathetic though here during the end...this game just starts to bore me after a while...I'm sure if I didn't get that way toward the end I may have stood a better chance...but whattya going to do... !+)

i thought your post in day 4 where you were all on my nuts was very suspicious. definitely would have killed you day 6 if we decided to go with inuk day 5, but my mafia sense tingled mightily with your last post so i went with you first.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Yeah I felt the same way as Jay. I wasn't lying when I said I had no intention of playing this game and jumped in last minute. My apathy almost cost the town, so I felt obligated to come out and help out as much as I could on what I figured was my last day. Definitely no more mafia for me this year... !+)
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:16 am

Good game townies. Glad you picked up on Hort's incredible mafia stink :-) I didn't really follow the game after you lynched Hort but good game.

Why didn't the doc protect me on the first night? Terrible play from the doc. Just terrible.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:49 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Good game townies. Glad you picked up on Hort's incredible mafia stink :-) I didn't really follow the game after you lynched Hort but good game.

Why didn't the doc protect me on the first night? Terrible play from the doc. Just terrible.

as a rule, i don't protect foreigners on the first night. :-b

no, based on your posts i didn't figure the you'd be the first man down. and blast it all if i was going to protect a mafia member with skill. i wasn't certain of your allegiance and you're too crafty an opponent to have on the other side. so i let it ride.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk