Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 5 - TOWN WINS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 5

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 am

OK, I'm not gonna lie. I almost didn't play this game because I didn't think I'd have any time. I played anyway, and I shouldn't have because I've put next to no time into this. If I get a chance today before the bowl, I'm gonna read through all the garbage and try to contribute something of substance.

That being said, this might be a dumb question: how is GF still alive? From what I gather from the stuff that I have read, he's been dead on with all his assumptions. You would think the mafia would have killed him by now, but... nothing. Is there a chance that the mafia is trying to pull some ridiculous gambit by sacrificing 4 to absolve GF (mob boss with 2 kills per night) until the end?

Like I said, I need to go back and try to make sense of everything, sometime around 2 this afternoon (EST). I have a study group until then. Let me know what you guys think.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby J35J » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 am

Whoa, that was alot of killing last night. At least we got the ISK out of our hair. All of my short list of suspects have been whacked...I'll have to go reread some stuff to figure anything out with our remaining players. I'm still mostly with GF as he's been on a roll and I see no reason to stay with him at this point.

Thats all for now until I can go back over the last couple days.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:28 pm

[quote="GiantsFan14 on day 2]As of right now I think that aqua, thedude and wake are mafia. I don't have much of an idea on the fourth or fifth yet.[/quote]

man it's getting to the point where i even surprise myself.

also, as sick as it would be for me the mob boss and have sacrificed the other 4 guys in order to try to prove my innocence, i was making way too many waves early in the game and there was much to great a chance that i would be investigated to try to pull it off. rest easy, for i am just a really, really good townie.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:28 pm

omg. lastings was the isk? well played sir. i was sure he was a townie.

jfg has zero self control.

alright, i call a super bowl hold to this game. in t minus two hours i will be chit faced and knee deep in buffalo wings. i won't be online, if at all, till late tonight. i say everyone chill out, no votes, and lets go over this thing on monday.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:30 pm

someone with the power go edit my post and fix that quote so it's not messed up.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:09 pm

urbanbreez wrote:omg. lastings was the isk? well played sir. i was sure he was a townie.

jfg has zero self control.

alright, i call a super bowl hold to this game. in t minus two hours i will be chit faced and knee deep in buffalo wings. i won't be online, if at all, till late tonight. i say everyone chill out, no votes, and lets go over this thing on monday.

It's a good thing he killed Titan because after looking back at his posts again I was absolutely convinced Titan was up to no good (I still don't understand what jpg saw in bigken, but that's a separate discussion and it doesn't matter anymore anyway). He would've been an obvious lynching target today, and that would've wasted one of the two days we have left to get the mob boss (assuming the doctor doesn't get lucky by protecting one of the boss's targets two nights in a row). Still not sure what Titan was trying to do with the way he played this game. Inexperience, I guess.

And I agree on the Super Bowl pause, I actually have stuff I need to get done today before the game. As another aside, I'm gonna be in class until 4 on Monday and have another meeting at night, so I won't be able to check in and look back until somewhat later in the day tomorrow.

As far as GF, I don't think we can ignore the possibility that the mafia are trying to pull off something that ridiculous. wake is clearly an unconventional player and thus probably would've been the person proposing the idea, and GF is good enough at this game that his chances of averting suspicion as the mob boss are better than most. DISCLAIMER: this post isn't based on me looking back at any posts, and it's possible that when I do that I'll conclude that the mafia weren't going for that after all. My point is that we shouldn't rule it out until we look back at what has happened so far.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

This is a list of how the people left interacted with known mafia through votes. I think it'll give us a good idea of who to suspect at this point.

Day 1 voting-
h0rt:
-votes for: inuk (early joke vote)
-votes by: teddy

wake:
-votes by: urban

Day 2 voting-
h0rt:
-votes for: J35J
-votes by: urban, steelers, teddy

wake:
-votes for: GF
-votes by: J35J, teddy

thedude:
-votes by: steelers

aqua:
-votes for: steelers, urban, GF

Summary:
At the end of day 2 aqua and titan were neck to neck with 9 votes needed for a lynching. h0rt and thedude had votes on titan when he had 7 votes on him. wake put a vote on aqua and aqua didn't have a vote out at all. if aqua had come back and put a vote on titan, then ake would have had the ability to switch votes and finish him off (although i'm not sure he would have). if one of the other mafia were on aqua, i think there would have been a pretty good chance he would have already switched to titan in order to give aqua a chance to get back and lynch titan. therefore i think it's a pretty fair assumption to say that the last mafia had a vote on titan. which leaves us with one of inuk, teddy or J35J as the mob boss. this scenario would mean that myself, steelers, and urban are townies. After looking at the voting patterns, I think it becomes even more clear that steelers is a townie, I'd be shocked otherwise. J35J and Teddy also had a bit of back and forth between mafia members, it's definitely possible that some of those were to throw us off (especially anything that included wake), but with inuk being left completely alone he's my prime suspect through looking at day 2.

Day 3 voting-
h0rt:
-votes for: urban, GF, steelers

Summary:
Pretty straightforward as jfg came out as the vigilante against h0rt, and he was lynched relatively quickly. teddy said he didn't believe h0rt but wanted to formulate a plan before voting. Inuk didn't really do much of anything and I don't think J35J posted in that day at all. At this point I'm thinking that urban is most likely a townie as well. Inuk is still at the top of my list. followed by J35J and then teddy.

Day 4 voting-
thedude:
-votes for: urban, teddy, j35j, GF

Summary:
With my initial suspicion of thedude combined with him being on the investigator's list, the town killed him pretty quickly. urban and teddy were on board pretty quickly and j35j switched from titan to thedude pretty quickly as well. steelers had a vote out on titan (while i thought titan was a townie all along, with all the votes titan was getting it's hard to blame them for those votes). Inuk never posted in day 4.

At this point I'm almost positive that the mob boss is either inuk or J35J. Inuk much more so than J35J seeing as how Inuk was never voted on by a mafia nor did he ever cast a vote for a mafia. even if I'm wrong about Inuk, we have a chance to kill J35J (or someone else if people don't agree with me) as well as there would still be three people left in day 6.

thoughts?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:34 pm

After I first looked at the list of people left Inuk and J were my top 2 suspects as well. The way J is trying to just put his head down and follow you reeks of someone who just needs to squeak out another couple of days to win. I'm not completely writing you off though, GF. It would have been risky but I can see you as someone willing to try going after your mafia partners to help you out later on, especially since once the mob boss is alone he gets 2 kills per night. I would say I'm more neutral on you than leaning in either direction. I have no idea what to think about urban.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk