Brett Anderson in 2011 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brett Anderson in 2011

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett Anderson in 2011

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Yeah, it's impressive, but he also dropped to 6 last season. Maybe he's changed his delivery in order to preserve his arm, I don't know. I'm just looking at the results. His BB and HR rates also dropped quite a bit, so maybe it was a philosophical change in his approach. He's still very good, but if I had to choose between two guys who are expected to put up similar numbers, I'll take the guy with a huge K upside that dominated AA and AAA vs the guy who has injury concerns and saw his K rate plummet. Maybe I'm wrong, and he was as good as he was last year despite battling an injury that he's since overcome. Ya never know.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Anderson in 2011

Postby dannahann » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Yeah, it's impressive, but he also dropped to 6 last season. Maybe he's changed his delivery in order to preserve his arm, I don't know. I'm just looking at the results. His BB and HR rates also dropped quite a bit, so maybe it was a philosophical change in his approach. He's still very good, but if I had to choose between two guys who are expected to put up similar numbers, I'll take the guy with a huge K upside that dominated AA and AAA vs the guy who has injury concerns and saw his K rate plummet. Maybe I'm wrong, and he was as good as he was last year despite battling an injury that he's since overcome. Ya never know.

I wouldn't say you're wrong, in fact I'd likely take Hellickson too if choosing between them. However if BA's K rate fell due to an injury he's now over I wouldn't be surprised if he leveled out somewhere just north of 8K/9 as his body matures and he learns to pitch.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers