Website question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Website question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Website question

Postby senioroctober051 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:46 pm

I am planning on starting an 8-10 team league. I am thinking that I would like it to be a very deep league, started two players at each infield position and six outfielders. All in all each roster will consist of around 50 players. So my question is, does anyone know a website that will support what I am trying to do? Thanks
senioroctober051
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Website question

Postby bigmck » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 am

ESPN allows that. It seems like to me a 20 team - 25 player would be more fun that a 10 team - 50 player.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby MTUCache » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23 am

bigmck wrote:ESPN allows that. It seems like to me a 20 team - 25 player would be more fun that a 10 team - 50 player.

Agreed... if you're worried about the deep player pool that an 8-team league ends up with I think it's a lot easier to do an AL- or NL-only league, rather than have people starting 20+ players.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby senioroctober051 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 am

I appreciate the replies. I will look into espn. Thanks
I think the reason the we are going to do only 8 eight teams is because myself and my co-commissioner are trying to create a very indepth league. One with salaries and contract years and such. We are both not really sure how it is going to work out, but we are at least in the planning stages.
senioroctober051
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:26 pm

i play in a very in depth 16 teamer w salaries, contracts, and minor leaguers. its on its 5th year and going strong. waiting list to get in. so dont shy away from a bigger league just bc it wil take time

use the classified area here and you should have no problem filling the teams. IMo even a 10 teamer mixed is a waste of time.
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby senioroctober051 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm

shawngee..

you said you are in a league with salaries and contract, how does your league do this. A problem that I have run into is when offering we get to offering players contracts, what means more to said player, years or dollars. How do you determine whether a player would take say contract a) one year five million or contract b) two years eight million

and also, do you keep track of your league through a website or on paper?

thanks
senioroctober051
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigmck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:22 pm

You don't use millions of dollars. A 23 man fantasy roster uses $260 as its salary. I would suggest you and your friend join a salary league for a year or two and learn how they operate before you try to start one yourself. Here are the rules to my Auction League.
http://sportsgods.org/auction.htm As far as your question about how to keep track of salary and contract, you use a stat service. CBS is the best but it is a pay service. Fantrax is new and free. I have never used it, but I understand it has the capablity to keep salary and contracts. Good Luck
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 am

i was going to copy and paste our leagues constitution...but its very long...so summary

like above said we use $260 auction to start the league...that was a while ago. after the draft you have a set number of contract years to dish out....we use 35. so you have the option to put a contract on anybody you want. we do not require you use all 35 years. you dont use them you lose them. max 5 years per player.

we also have options to resign players after the contract is up with an increase in salary. players can also be dropped from a contract w a pretty steep penalty...so that normally doesnt happen

its a whole lot of fun now that its been going for a while. seeing ryan braun kept at $1 is pretty cool. also being stuck w Ben Sheets at $12 for 2 more years is also pretty cool. trading becomes really interesting when dealing w salaries that were set 3 years ago and dead contracts...like i had Wang at $20 last year still sitting on my team bc i foolishly gave him a 3 year contract some time ago

we use CBS so we also have minor leaguers(max 9 per team) that get a minor league contract that becomes very benefitial. first year after minor leaguer gets called up his salary is $1. next year its $5. 3rd year its $10 i think. then its up and he hits FA
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner