Mafia - Session IV, Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:31 pm

thedude wrote:This is the agruement that ken and others later adopted and nearly had aqua lynched on day 1 and was used to lynch him on day 2. It would be pretty stupid of a mafia to formulate the plan that was eventually used to lynch one of the other mafia. Now I will let the other townies formulate your own opinions on this. And I plead you to actually think through your actions rather than just following GF because he is more experienced than you are.

At the same time, you always lumped Aqua in with me and BigL about being lurkers. You did vote for Aqua on day 1, but later on you merely threatened to vote for him, and you did the same towards me and the other lurkers. It was a good way to give yourself an alibi to come back to, without really pushing for Aqua specifically.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Either the ISK is trying really, really, really hard to make us think that GF is the ISK, or GF is the ISK and he's counting on us thinking he's not stupid enough to go after the two people he's campaigned against the most (Lambskin and wake).

I'm gonna go back and come up with more thoughts, but that stuck out at me immediately.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:37 pm

My mind is completely changed on Titan. I think almost beyond any doubt that he has something to hide.

TitanFan wrote:You guys shouldn't lynch me unless you want to lynch a townie.

Until a mafioso dies, there isn't anything really solid to go on, it's all just conjecture.

I'm way more busy this time around than last game, so I won't be posting 41 times today like I posted last game during day 2.


TitanFan wrote:But seriously, I'm busier than I was last game and being loud mouthed was too much work in keeping my neck from hanging. Thus I'm trying to be less conspicuous this game until we get some solid evidence to go on.


Both of those posts are on Day 2. In both, he claims to not have as much time this game. If I remember correctly, his posting clearly went down on Day 1 compared to last game, leading someone to draw the conclusion that he had something to hide. That led to these claims of "being busy."

I call B.S. He made 30 posts in the Day 2 thread. Apart from gaps at night, none of them were separated by more than about 4 hours, and he would often stay on and make multiple posts in short time intervals. That directly contradicts his claim to being busy.

If he were a regular townie, as he has claimed, he wouldn't have felt the need to lie about being busier, and as someone else pointed out, he shouldn't have gotten so concerned when everyone started suspecting him if he didn't have a special role. And if he were a special townie, his behavior would probably mirror that of last game when he was the doctor, especially considering that he could only possibly be the doctor seeing as all the other special townies are either dead (BigL, m16a) or known for sure (jpg). He has obviously behaved much differently from that game.

It's going to take a lot of explaining for me to change this vote.

vote: Titan
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
thedude wrote:This is the agruement that ken and others later adopted and nearly had aqua lynched on day 1 and was used to lynch him on day 2. It would be pretty stupid of a mafia to formulate the plan that was eventually used to lynch one of the other mafia. Now I will let the other townies formulate your own opinions on this. And I plead you to actually think through your actions rather than just following GF because he is more experienced than you are.

At the same time, you always lumped Aqua in with me and BigL about being lurkers. You did vote for Aqua on day 1, but later on you merely threatened to vote for him, and you did the same towards me and the other lurkers. It was a good way to give yourself an alibi to come back to, without really pushing for Aqua specifically.

If I was mafia I either would have pushed hard for aqua on day 2 to establish a very good alibi, or I would have talked about him at all. The fact that I was suspicious of all three of you should show you that I really did not have a clear read on which one of the lurkers was the mifia and which were just busy townies. I suspected aqua because apparently he only knows how to play mafia one way (by just ignoring the game and hoping to be forgotten), but I still didn't know enough. I wanted to give all three of you guys to chime in with your thoughts and start contributing. By the post which GF read (after being mia for most of the first two days playing star craft or star wars or whatever) you, Teddy and Lebowski had at least checked in. Aqua had not. I was willing to give him more time as was I willing to give anyone more time.

If I was mafia I never would have planted the seeds (which is what I did) of aqua's destruction without actually going after him hard. By not going after aqua hard I got none of the credit for his lynching, and thus I need to explain myself to the townies who did not see what lead to aqua's lynching.

Here is how aqua died (you can go back and read day 1 and 2 again, this will back my story up. Don't skim it because you will miss the subtleties of what lead to what).

Day 1:
- I noted that aqua was again lurking and "hit and run" voting. The exact same thing he did the last two times he was a mafia. I voted for him, figuring that at worst we were getting rid of someone who was not contributing and at best getting rid of a mafia. This argument would continue to be used in arguments against aqua as the game progressed.
-Ken saw what I wrote. Agreed with my premise and voted for aqua. The aqua bandwagon gained steam, but was ulitmately passed by the m16 bandwagon (for reasons I am still unsure of).

Day 2:
-Again I call out all the lurkers (by this point most people had a chance to contribute, so there were fewer lurkers, but still some). I urge you all to contribute.
-I don't vote for a lurker yet because I figure that while a mafia is hiding among the lurkers, there are more promising leads (specifically steelers for his actions on day 1, which he later explained) and titan for his actions on day 2 (which still seem a mystery to me).
-Ken and others see my calling out the lurkers and think it is a good idea and start the lynch teddy bandwagon. I don't hop on board this bandwagon, but consider it, giving you all time to post.
-teddy and lebo ultimately do start contributing. the teddy bandwagon loses steam.
-meanwhile people remembering my argument from day 1, or just influenced by others who remember it start the lynch aqua bandwagon. These include ken, who favorably quoted me several times over the first two days.
-I consider joining the lynch aqua bandwagon, but continuing my policy of giving lurkers a chance to post, I tell aqua to post or I will vote for him. (If I was mafia, I would simply have told him via PM to get his ass into the mafia thread and start positing, which would ave attracted much more notice).
-I am not the only person that wanted to give the lurkers more time: bills himself was very hesitant to jump on either titan or aqua, and wanted to give aqua more time as well; jfg, a proven townie, did not vote for aqua because he felt there were "suspicious people" on the aqua bandwagon; teddy didn't you say that you were hesitant to vote for someone just because they were quite (you voted titan if memory serves me correct); and there were 4 others who did not post many thoughts about aqua at all, but did not vote for him.

While Lebo did mention me, I was at the bottom of his list and he posted little to indicate that he had actually investigated me at that point.

I ask those of you who would vote for me, why are your votes cast for me? If the best reason you have is that GF said that I might be mafia (without much support, based upon an out of context remark), then I go back and form you own opinion.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:11 pm

thedude wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
thedude wrote:This is the agruement that ken and others later adopted and nearly had aqua lynched on day 1 and was used to lynch him on day 2. It would be pretty stupid of a mafia to formulate the plan that was eventually used to lynch one of the other mafia. Now I will let the other townies formulate your own opinions on this. And I plead you to actually think through your actions rather than just following GF because he is more experienced than you are.

At the same time, you always lumped Aqua in with me and BigL about being lurkers. You did vote for Aqua on day 1, but later on you merely threatened to vote for him, and you did the same towards me and the other lurkers. It was a good way to give yourself an alibi to come back to, without really pushing for Aqua specifically.

If I was mafia I either would have pushed hard for aqua on day 2 to establish a very good alibi, or I would NOT have talked about him at all. The fact that I was suspicious of all three of you should show you that I really did not have a clear read on which one of the lurkers was the mifia and which were just busy townies. I suspected aqua because apparently he only knows how to play mafia one way (by just ignoring the game and hoping to be forgotten), but I still didn't know enough. I wanted to give all three of you guys to chime in with your thoughts and start contributing. By the post which GF read (after being mia for most of the first two days playing star craft or star wars or whatever) you, Teddy and Lebowski had at least checked in. Aqua had not. I was willing to give him more time as was I willing to give anyone more time.

If I was mafia I never would have planted the seeds (which is what I did) of aqua's destruction without actually going after him hard. By not going after aqua hard I got none of the credit for his lynching, and thus I need to explain myself to the townies who did not see what lead to aqua's lynching.

Here is how aqua died (you can go back and read day 1 and 2 again, this will back my story up. Don't skim it because you will miss the subtleties of what lead to what).

Day 1:
- I noted that aqua was again lurking and "hit and run" voting. The exact same thing he did the last two times he was a mafia. I voted for him, figuring that at worst we were getting rid of someone who was not contributing and at best getting rid of a mafia. This argument would continue to be used in arguments against aqua as the game progressed.
-Ken saw what I wrote. Agreed with my premise and voted for aqua. The aqua bandwagon gained steam, but was ulitmately passed by the m16 bandwagon (for reasons I am still unsure of).

Day 2:
-Again I call out all the lurkers (by this point most people had a chance to contribute, so there were fewer lurkers, but still some). I urge you all to contribute.
-I don't vote for a lurker yet because I figure that while a mafia is hiding among the lurkers, there are more promising leads (specifically steelers for his actions on day 1, which he later explained) and titan for his actions on day 2 (which still seem a mystery to me).
-Ken and others see my calling out the lurkers and think it is a good idea and start the lynch teddy bandwagon. I don't hop on board this bandwagon, but consider it, giving you all time to post.
-teddy and lebo ultimately do start contributing. the teddy bandwagon loses steam.
-meanwhile people remembering my argument from day 1, or just influenced by others who remember it start the lynch aqua bandwagon. These include ken, who favorably quoted me several times over the first two days.
-I consider joining the lynch aqua bandwagon, but continuing my policy of giving lurkers a chance to post, I tell aqua to post or I will vote for him. (If I was mafia, I would simply have told him via PM to get his ass into the mafia thread and start positing, which would ave attracted much more notice).
-I am not the only person that wanted to give the lurkers more time: bills himself was very hesitant to jump on either titan or aqua, and wanted to give aqua more time as well; jfg, a proven townie, did not vote for aqua because he felt there were "suspicious people" on the aqua bandwagon; teddy didn't you say that you were hesitant to vote for someone just because they were quite (you voted titan if memory serves me correct); and there were 4 others who did not post many thoughts about aqua at all, but did not vote for him.

While Lebo did mention me, I was at the bottom of his list and he posted little to indicate that he had actually investigated me at that point.

I ask those of you who would vote for me, why are your votes cast for me? If the best reason you have is that GF said that I might be mafia (without much support, based upon an out of context remark), then I go back and form you own opinion.


BOLDED PART IS edited fix of above post
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:26 pm

thedude wrote:-I don't vote for a lurker yet because I figure that while a mafia is hiding among the lurkers, there are more promising leads (specifically steelers for his actions on day 1, which he later explained) and titan for his actions on day 2 (which still seem a mystery to me).


Any thoughts on my post above about Titan? I think that makes the motivation for his actions much clearer.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

thedude wrote:I ask those of you who would vote for me, why are your votes cast for me? If the best reason you have is that GF said that I might be mafia (without much support, based upon an out of context remark), then I go back and form you own opinion.

My vote for you has nothing to do with what GF thinks, it's because Lebowski put you on his shortlist. He was the investigator and he left us a list of 3 people he was "suspicious" of. I don't think he investigated h0rt, I think he listed him because we knew for a fact from jfg that h0rt was mafia. That leaves 2 names for 2 nights of investigations. We know the first of those 2 names was mafia. It would be inexcusable to lose the game because we didn't lynch the 3rd person on that list. If he had investigated someone else and found out they were clean I have to think Lebowski would have tried to tell us that somehow, maybe with a tiered list of everyone in the game, not just singling out 3 people he was suspicious of.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Vote tally:
thedude - 4 (urban, teddy, J35J, jfg)
Titan - 1 (steeler)

6 votes needed for a lynching...
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Teddy, that assumes investigated wake and I an days one and two and got hits and both those days. Why? Would he investigate me one day one or wake on day one? No one had voiced any suspicions of me until day 2. There was little talk of wake until day 2 either. It is much more likely that Lebowski investigated neither wake nor I night one (more likely aqua or steelers both of whom garnered much attention day one. Notice he listed neither of our names on day 2? He strongly hinted that he found a mafia as soon as he did last game he played investigator. It is much more likely he found townies one night one. Found wake out night two And found me a townie on night three.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm just gonna start throwing my thoughts out here related to the game. This is from page 2:

I think J is townie. Check out wake's post on page 7, with vote.

On page 7 h0rt criticizes both steelers and urban for pulling votes from Aqua. Considering steelers was under heavy investigation at that time, I'd be surprised if h0rt was looking to knock one of his teammates out. That seems to clear steelers to me.

It's also interesting that on page 8, h0rt jumps from voting urban to voting steelers. Immediately, the dude follows with a vote for steelers.

OK, on page 10, Titans declares that he's ONLY JUST A TOWNIE. that seems to indicate, to me at least, that he isn't pro-town. If he says he's just a normal townie, mafia won't want to night-kill him since he's not investigator, etc. And narrowing down who the special tonwies are is probably a good thing for titans, since he would be most worried about the vig (who could kill him) or the investigator (who could find his identity).

Hort continues to push REALLY hard for steelers lynching. I'm pretty sure that means steelers is townie. Usually mafia might push a little at each other, but not really hard.

And I'm pretty sure Titans is ISK. Right now I could jump on the bandwagon of dude or titans, but that's it.
Those are my thoughts for now....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1349
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact