Mafia - Session IV, Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:Don't lynch me before I get back from golfing...

jfg, you should have killed me instead of ken if you wanted to kill a townie...not smart.

suicidal isk is suicidal. i mean, you've taken the role to a whole new level. you're like the heath ledger of mafia.
if your a townie, you should probably stop acting like a suicidal isk. it's not helping us at all and only helps the real isk, which seems to be the biggest threat at the moment.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:Don't lynch me before I get back from golfing...

jfg, you should have killed me instead of ken if you wanted to kill a townie...not smart.

Voice from hell wrote:
Stop editing posts!!

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

The more I think about it, I don't think BigL would have put thedude on his list unless he had investigated him. He knew we would go back to that post, and I think it would have been irresponsible of him to put someone on such a short list who he wasn't sure about. So, with that said:

Vote: thedude
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm all for going after thedude for all the reasons stated...he's already on my short list, he was on the investigators short list and he is a suspect of Chuck Norr...I mean GF

Unvote: Titan

With that said, I still feel like Titan is not with the town...should I start to reconsider this? It doesn't feel like many people share this thought other than 1 or 2 others but they could just be mafia jumping on a bandwagon. :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby jfg » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm with you on Titan, but Dude is the obvious choice. Big Lebowski takes down The Dude. Nice.

jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:04 pm

J35J wrote:I'm all for going after thedude for all the reasons stated...he's already on my short list, he was on the investigators short list and he is a suspect of Chuck Norr...I mean GF

Unvote: Titan

With that said, I still feel like Titan is not with the town...should I start to reconsider this? It doesn't feel like many people share this thought other than 1 or 2 others but they could just be mafia jumping on a bandwagon. :-?

I'm with you on Titan as well. I voted for him on Day 2 and would be willing to do so again tomorrow depending on what we learn in the meantime.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:29 pm

I think we all know how I feel and have felt about titan. i am also in agreement with the big L assessment. I can't see a good reason why he would put him on the short list if he didn't investigate him.. unless of course he wanted to put something he didn't know on there so mafia didn't get too suspicious of him. but I don't so..

i think that there is a very good chance that we have two night murderers pinpointed..

but I do have one question.. some people have stated that they think titan is ISK. why do we think that? he's definitely something with his erratic abnormal behavior, but why do people think ISK? I ask this because if he is ISK, don't we want to kill him first to avoid two night killings potentially killing two townies?

of course we can lynch one and have jfg slaughter the other at tonight.. in which case we still have the bodyguard issue to deal with. so maybe it's better to kill dude first in the hopes that he is the bodyguard and have jfg kill titan at night..

but wait.. thinking out loud here. if dude is bodyguard, then boss gets two kills every night (including tonight) util we figure out who it is. but then again, maybe dude is boss. then they get no kills tonight..

so... put in all perspective.

we have ISK, Boss, and bodyguard. Assuming that we think that titan is ISK, which I will need more explination on.

if we lynch titan. ISK gets no kills tonight, mob gets one kill. jfg can kill dude (who possibly could be protected.)

best case scenario - isk dead, bodyguard dead, one townie dead.
1 townie dead - 2 baddies dead
worst case scenario - isk dead, and dude is boss so he will be protected, one townie dead. but we know who the boss is and we can kill him tomorrow.
1 townie dead - 1 baddie dead - town knows who boss is

if we lynch dude isk kills one tonight, (but it could be a mafia), 1 mafia member is dead.

best case scenario - dude is boss - mob gets no kill, jfg kills isk tonight, isk kills one townie.
(if isk's kill choice is the other mafia, game is over) otherwise, bodyguard is the only baddie left.
1 townie dead - 2 baddies dead (with a great deal of luck, game over)

worst case scenario - dude is bodyguard - mob gets two kills. jfg kills isk, isk kills one townie
two townies dead - 1 baddie dead

does this all sound right??

now explain to me why we think titan is ISK.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:36 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Comment 3:

I also suspect Aqua, but he's normally so quiet that I'd like to see what he has to say before lynching him. But if he doesn't speak soon, I'll have to jump on the bandwagon since I haven't seen much of anything yet to indicate he's not a mafia, especially on day 2. And I think I have to agree with thedude's last comment there. I see aqua, giants, and wake as likely mafia candidates as well

This was when it was obvious that either titan or aqua was going to be lynched. Bills waited and waited and refused to lynch a mobster. So how am i more obvious than bills? You all didn't read this did you?

Here is what I said that GF got all upset about (after not doing anything all game and probably not even reading what I had written to that point):

I am going to give Lebowski, Teddy, and Aqua until tomorrow to get more involved. I said day 1 that I suspected Aqua who is playing this game much like last game (when he was mafia), so I will probably vote for aqua.

For now I will leave my vote on Titan because of his bizarre actions. If aqua has not started really taking part before tomorrow, I will probably be throwing a vote his way.

Here is what i wrote earlier on day 2:

thedude wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:, and I'm ready to toss my vote on Teddy who has been entirely too quiet for my liking. He's begging to fly under the radar, below suspicion (and has been pretty successful thus far) and at the very least he's been the least helpful person to the town thus far.

I was just about to say the same thing. And the dead townie voted for him Day 1.

unvote : Aqua
vote: Teddy

Still don't trust Aqua for the record.

When I was talking about lurker townies that I was considering voting for Teddy and Lebowski were at the top of my list. I want to see if this will make him get involved.

thedude wrote:To those people who really haven't done much today, (you know who you are) I again repeat my calls for you to weigh in on this discussion. We really aren't close to lynching anyone and need more input (1. so and we find people who may be guilty; and more important 2. so we do not act hastily and lynch some innocent townie). With this many people we should be able to put our heads together and find some mafia.

I am close to just putting a vote on one of the biggest lurkers for several reasons: first the ISK and part of the mafia are probably hiding among the lurkers; second even if you are a townie you really are not helping much so losing you would not be as big a loss to the town as losing someone who is actually contributing.

Please townie lurkers come forward and contribute. If you contribute, the mafia and ISK will not have a place to hid and will be forced into actually taking a position on something.

thedude wrote:While I shall leave my vote on steelerfan for the moment, I'd like to hear from some of the lurkers aqua (who talked some) buffalo (who was also been here occasionally), but most of all Teddy and lastings (both of whom have been completely absent for most of the two days).

Mafia and isk tend to hide in the lurkers, so there is no voting history to go on.

And if you guys are townies I want your opinions on:

Steelerfan's actions day 1

Titan's actions day 2

And jfg's theory on H0rt

As well as the other theories floating around right now.

So as I told GF on day 2. I had been consistent urging all three of the lurkers: teddy, lebo, and aqua to get involved. That post gf jumped on was just my final threat.

Here are my thoughts on aqua:

This is me and Ken day 2:

thedude wrote:
bigken117 wrote:However who's bothering me more than you and your unoriginality is Aqua. He did the vote and run on m16a last game, and he's been posting in other forums and threads but not here today. If he's a townie, why isn't he helping? I felt strongly day 1 and nothing's happened to make me change my mind

vote: aqua

This is a good point. I am of the opinion that when you are not sure who the mafia is, look to the lurkers.

This is me day 1:

thedude wrote:I am considering voting for m16a, and I might do that later. For right now, I am going to vote aqua because he seems to be laying low agian and being quitely throwing votes on people. This is how he has played mafiaso the last couple of games. Then again, it might be that he just always plays like that and he has just happend to be mafia two out of the last three games.

vote: aqua

This is the agruement that ken and others later adopted and nearly had aqua lynched on day 1 and was used to lynch him on day 2. It would be pretty stupid of a mafia to formulate the plan that was eventually used to lynch one of the other mafia. Now I will let the other townies formulate your own opinions on this. And I plead you to actually think through your actions rather than just following GF because he is more experienced than you are.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby thedude » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:39 pm

btw lebo was probably lynched by wake after he listed wake number two on his list of suspects.

Now i am going out for a few hours. Please give me one last chance to defend myself (it is in the towns interests to do so, trust me).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Vote tally:
thedude - 4 (urban, teddy, J35J, jfg)

6 votes needed for a lynching...

BTW, I am headed out for a while this afternoon, so if anyone is lynched, PLEASE keep the rules in mind - NO POSTING after adeath - I will try to post the identity of whoever the town decided on from my iPhone and then those with special/night time abilities can feel free to shoot me PMs if it comes to that before I get back ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk