Mafia - Session IV, Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33 pm

After stringing bigh0rt up during daylight hours, the town awakes from Night 3 hoping to again see minimal carnage inflicted upon the innocents. This night starts well for the residents of Spokane, but it turns out a lot messier in the end (events have no chronology - nothing supersedes the other as far as night time actions anyway)...

• The night starts with the ISK again on the prowl, this time lashing out to weaken the mafioso in an attempt to be the last man standing. The eviscerated body of wake (mafia gigolo) was found near the ramshackle apartment of a non-mafiosi where he was believed to have spent the final evening of his life of crime.

Then things took a turn for the worse:

• The vigilante, feeling so good about his deflected shot at the recently deceased bigh0rt the night before, leaves his house seeking vengeance for the town. After repeatedly slamming the head of bigken117 (regular townie) with a waffle iron found on the innocent man's counter upon breaking in, the vigilante had a feeling he erred in his judgment, but it was too late for the not-so-special townie he had just murdered in cold blood.
  • Shortly after the news of ken's death spread across town word of another murder came to light, this one perpetrated by the mafioso in the form of a patented night kill. After they heard rumors of his looking into things around town a bit too closely, the men of the red text were forced to travel to the "upscale" part of Hillyard to rid the town of BigLebowski (investigator), inflicting multiple puncture wounds to his ribcage with a croquet wickett Lebo's children had left in the front yard. As he let out his last gasp when paramedics arrived on scene, no one was able to hear him utter what seemed to be the name of his last investigation - that knowledge died with him as a result.

Night 3 was kind of a mixed bag for the town, but with 3 mafiosi killed in the last 2 days/nights, and only 3 evil characters left out of 11 men standing, it's anyone's game. If the town falls victim to the apathy of police chief Flash Hodges, it could be doomed. If it rises above, then Spokane might again be safe. Just don't forget about that pesky ISK!

Day 4 begins...

(6 votes needed for a lynching)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dan Lambskin - townie - killed by ISK, Night 1
  2. lastingsgriller
  3. wake - gigolo - killed by ISK, Night 3
  4. thedude
  5. GiantsFan14
  6. TitanFan07
  7. J35J
  8. urbanbreez
  9. Teddy Ballgame
  10. Inukchuk
  11. m16a - watcher - lynched, Day 1
  12. BigLebowski - investigator - killed by mafia, Night 3
  13. bigh0rt - regular mafia - lynched, Day 3
  14. buffalobillsrul2002
  15. bigken117 - townie - killed by vigilante, Night 3
  16. Mookie - townie - killed by mafia, Night 1
  17. Aquaman2342 - regular mafia - lynched, Day 2
  18. jfg
  19. steelerfan513
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 4

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

BigLebowski wrote:My top 3 as of right now

h0rt
wake
thedude

I guess it's a little unfortunate that wake was the mafia member killed last night, because it seems like Lebowski had figured him out. The question now is whether h0rt was the other person he had investigated, or he only put him first because jfg outed him. If it's the latter then I would say that thedude is probably dirty. This list is as blatant of a hint as he could have left though, so either way thedude is now at the top of my list.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh crap. Of course the ISK gets the gigilo. I made a huge mistake, I thought I had a free pass to investigate. MY BAD GUYS.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Really surprised that hort was just regular mafia. They had no idea I was the vig and I was the only one really calling for his lynching. So, it's surprising that he was protected.

Once again, sorry town and Ken.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm

holy crap i am good at this game.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm

jfg wrote:Really surprised that hort was just regular mafia. They had no idea I was the vig and I was the only one really calling for his lynching. So, it's surprising that he was protected.

Once again, sorry town and Ken.

ya i think killing ken was a definite mis-step, he was one of the guys i was pretty sure was a townie. happens though.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 pm

so the investigator had thedude on his list and i already had my suspicions of him as i'm sure everyone knows. he'd be my choice to lynch next.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 pm

This is going to be a quick post since I am going out for the night.

jfg be careful from here on out, we cannot afford to blow our lead.

Lebo's death is very unfortunate since he obviously investigated me last night and was going to find out that I was pro-town. Learning from Mookie, I wanted to be investigated.

I know GF is not mafia (he wanted to lynch wake from day 2), that I am absolutely certain of.

Right know I am not certain of much else. I have some people I have theories on, but I want to go back and read day 2 and three (not that much of substance was done on day 3). That is not going to happen until tomorrow. We are in great shape, let's not rush this.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:so the investigator had thedude on his list and i already had my suspicions of him as i'm sure everyone knows. he'd be my choice to lynch next.

Actually read all my posts on day 2 in context and you will rethink that. If you still have doubts, I will put them at ease tomorrow.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Haven't looked over anything yet in light of new info, but I'll say a few things:

1. I thought wake was mafia. He would've been my next-to-lynch, but ISK took him out for us. Clearly this was intentional (ISK was looking to eliminate mafia).

2. We all know who the vig is. In addition, the doctor made a save earlier, and the identity of one other townie is known (but only by the doctor). So that's 3 townies whose identities could easily be established.

3. Reading this "no one was able to hear him utter what seemed to be the name of his last investigation - that knowledge died with him as a result." makes me think that Lebo had another mafia being investigated, which makes me think thedude is mafia. This is me attempting to read in Coug. I was a very successful Coug reader yesterday; will I ace this test in Coug's class?

4. Just on gut feel (not really looking too in-depth at the situation, I will make further in-depth looks later, this would be my "order of suspects")

dude

titan (though I still think he's ISK)
lastings
Inuk

Teddy
J
urban

myself (looking at this objectively, I know I'm townie but obviously
steelersfan
giants

jfg (known townie)

I have reasoning for all of this, but most of it is from previous pages. I need to look at day 2 (and 1) factoring in new info.

Dude is at the top of my list because I actually was somewhat suspicious of him, but I also thought it was quite likely that he was the investigator, so I didn't want to possibly get the investigator killed. Now that we know that Lebo was investigator, I'm feeling pretty good about dude being mafia.

Beyond that, I need to look more, but I'd put jfg, myself, steelers, and gf at the top of the innocent list.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to General Talk