100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 3

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:34 pm

bigken117 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This is very interesting considering you pop in three times per day to say nothing, yet somehow nobody other than ken and I have noticed this.

FWIW I investigated ken on night 1, because he basically lurked Day 1 and I was suspicious, and he's a townie, which comes as no surprise, since he's the only other person who has been able to sniff you out as being suspicious. I was going to investigate you or jfg last night, but I went with my gut from early in Day 2 and investigated Steelers, who is also a regular townie. So, like I said, remove your votes from me unless you really want to screw yourselves. No, it's not the "standard response for an outed mafia member", but if you're gonna lynch me, you're gonna lynch me. Or, you can lynch jfg, who I am 100% confident is either mafia or the ISK, since he's so adamant about me being the friggin Mob Boss (of which, he'd have no clue even if he WAS the vigilante), and we can figure out who to protect tonight (when it is revealed he is one of the aforementioned, I highly suggest protecting me, but whatever, do what you want -- it doesn't seem like we're playing with a bunch of Einsteins this go 'round anyway). Now I'm actually going to the gym. Just like I actually wasn't around all night last night (you're welcome to check my post history and see I wasn't here), or else I would have lynched Aqua myself, which may have helped my cause here, being on a mafia lynching bandwagon. Anyway, do what you want. When I come back I expect to either be dead, or having some sort of decorum on who you want me to look into tonight. My plan going into today was Teddy, since I'm pretty convinced he's dirty. My second thought was Titan, just to be sure. In all of this, I'm damn confident that GF is clean, so he's really the only person who I wasn't considering, since he's made so much sense thus far.

If you were actually the investigator, you would've role claimed 4 pages ago when you first posted and when there were six votes on you instead of risked not getting your investigations out there.

Nice try.

well yeah I am a regular townie even though I don't think I was lurking on Day 1 compared to some of the non posters.
but why did you wait till 6 votes deep to claim to be the investigator. :-?
unvote hort

Because the mafia (or h0rt if he was acting alone, which I doubt considering that he's certain to be killed and would've asked approval from the not-about-to-be-lynched mafia members before doing anything) didn't think of the idea until now. That seems pretty obvious to me.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 pm

wake wrote:Here's where we stand going into tonight and I'm going to assume jfg is the real investigator-

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... what?

Why would jfg claim to be the vigilante when he's actually the investigator?
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:36 pm

wake wrote:Here's where we stand going into tonight and I'm going to assume jfg is the real investigator-

1) The ISK knows the identity of one of the mafia but the mafia also know the identity of the ISK. They're both threats to each other so there's a good chance they'll try to kill each other off. If the bodyguard wasn't the one targeted by the ISK I imagine he will protect his own guy and then kill off the ISK.

2) The doctor knows the identity of a townie/ISK.

3) Hort is most likely the mafia gigolo. I'm not sure why a few people are sure he's the mob boss. I would imagine the mafia would alternate between protecting the boss and gigolo and they would start with the boss on Night 1.

So let's assume hort is lynched, and then the ISK is killed tonight. We'll have 13 people left, 3 of whom are mafia, the doctor, the vigilante, and the investigator. Plus, the doctor will know the identity of one other townie. With the gigolo dead, there's a good possibility the investigator could come forth if he has some kind of information since he could be protected the next night.

Of course, it's hard to say for sure until we see where we're at tomorrow but it's definately something to consider.

jfg is claiming to be the vig, and the gigolo protected a mafia from being killed by either the ISK or Vig.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Hort's definately not the investigator. I think it's pretty clear considering no one's challenged jfg and hort only decided to make the claim after his first post failed to get anywhere.

It would also have to be an amazing coincidence for jfg fake claim vigilante and then accurately guess who the real investigator was.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

3) Hort is most likely the mafia gigolo. I'm not sure why a few people are sure he's the mob boss. I would imagine the mafia would alternate between protecting the boss and gigolo and they would start with the boss on Night 1.

Yeah, it's tough to say. My guess is that they'd wait to protect the boss knowing I probably wouldn't make a kill after day 1 with little info.

I said I wouldn't talk but there's a small chance I could actually get to kill tonight. I'd like to hear suggestions. I don't have anybody I'm 100 percent sure on now that hort and Aqua are gone so right now I'm going to hold off.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Sorry, I meant vigilante
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm

wake wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Sorry, I meant vigilante

Yeah, I figured it out when I went back and read your post again. Probably should've read the whole thing first. :-B
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm

bigken wrote: unvote h0rt

why?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 pm

lol hort nice try.

vote hort
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm

jfg wrote:I said I wouldn't talk but there's a small chance I could actually get to kill tonight. I'd like to hear suggestions. I don't have anybody I'm 100 percent sure on now that hort and Aqua are gone so right now I'm going to hold off.

It's probably not a good idea to take suggestions. You'd just be tipping off the bodyguard on who to protect.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk