Mafia - Session IV, Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 3

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:12 pm

jfg wrote:That was for the Rack though wasn't it? They were having issues that day.

LOL. that was supposed to be in an email I was writing at the same time. Nothing to see here.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:15 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:H0rt's post seems to be the standard response for an outed mafia member. He claims he's not mafia and that it would be a mistake to lynch him without offering any real evidence to the contrary. I'll hold my vote until we've come up with an adequate plan for tonight, but it's there when you guys are ready to move on.

This is very interesting considering you pop in three times per day to say nothing, yet somehow nobody other than ken and I have noticed this.

FWIW I investigated ken on night 1, because he basically lurked Day 1 and I was suspicious, and he's a townie, which comes as no surprise, since he's the only other person who has been able to sniff you out as being suspicious. I was going to investigate you or jfg last night, but I went with my gut from early in Day 2 and investigated Steelers, who is also a regular townie. So, like I said, remove your votes from me unless you really want to screw yourselves. No, it's not the "standard response for an outed mafia member", but if you're gonna lynch me, you're gonna lynch me. Or, you can lynch jfg, who I am 100% confident is either mafia or the ISK, since he's so adamant about me being the friggin Mob Boss (of which, he'd have no clue even if he WAS the vigilante), and we can figure out who to protect tonight (when it is revealed he is one of the aforementioned, I highly suggest protecting me, but whatever, do what you want -- it doesn't seem like we're playing with a bunch of Einsteins this go 'round anyway). Now I'm actually going to the gym. Just like I actually wasn't around all night last night (you're welcome to check my post history and see I wasn't here), or else I would have lynched Aqua myself, which may have helped my cause here, being on a mafia lynching bandwagon. Anyway, do what you want. When I come back I expect to either be dead, or having some sort of decorum on who you want me to look into tonight. My plan going into today was Teddy, since I'm pretty convinced he's dirty. My second thought was Titan, just to be sure. In all of this, I'm damn confident that GF is clean, so he's really the only person who I wasn't considering, since he's made so much sense thus far.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:17 pm

thedude wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Only people we're waiting on...

3. wake
7. J35J
9. Teddy Ballgame

And dude, you're dead wrong. jfg wouldn't get doctor protection if he's fake claiming. h0rt's role is posted before the doctor has to make a decision, so if h0rt is innocent, the doctor can just protect someone else.

Good call. I assume that the mafia would not intentionally kill one of their mafia brethren to save a different one (which is what would happen if jfg is accusing one of his own people of being mafia).

That wouldn't make any sense. If that's what's going on, then the real vigilante would come in here and role claim. We would kill h0rt, and then it would be between jfg and the actual vigilante for yet another mafia. So if that happens the mafia loses three in four days. It's possible that would deplete the town to an extent, but it isn't guaranteed, and the mafia would only have two left.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:H0rt's post seems to be the standard response for an outed mafia member. He claims he's not mafia and that it would be a mistake to lynch him without offering any real evidence to the contrary. I'll hold my vote until we've come up with an adequate plan for tonight, but it's there when you guys are ready to move on.

This is very interesting considering you pop in three times per day to say nothing, yet somehow nobody other than ken and I have noticed this.

FWIW I investigated ken on night 1, because he basically lurked Day 1 and I was suspicious, and he's a townie, which comes as no surprise, since he's the only other person who has been able to sniff you out as being suspicious. I was going to investigate you or jfg last night, but I went with my gut from early in Day 2 and investigated Steelers, who is also a regular townie. So, like I said, remove your votes from me unless you really want to screw yourselves. No, it's not the "standard response for an outed mafia member", but if you're gonna lynch me, you're gonna lynch me. Or, you can lynch jfg, who I am 100% confident is either mafia or the ISK, since he's so adamant about me being the friggin Mob Boss (of which, he'd have no clue even if he WAS the vigilante), and we can figure out who to protect tonight (when it is revealed he is one of the aforementioned, I highly suggest protecting me, but whatever, do what you want -- it doesn't seem like we're playing with a bunch of Einsteins this go 'round anyway). Now I'm actually going to the gym. Just like I actually wasn't around all night last night (you're welcome to check my post history and see I wasn't here), or else I would have lynched Aqua myself, which may have helped my cause here, being on a mafia lynching bandwagon. Anyway, do what you want. When I come back I expect to either be dead, or having some sort of decorum on who you want me to look into tonight. My plan going into today was Teddy, since I'm pretty convinced he's dirty. My second thought was Titan, just to be sure. In all of this, I'm damn confident that GF is clean, so he's really the only person who I wasn't considering, since he's made so much sense thus far.

If you were actually the investigator, you would've role claimed 4 pages ago when you first posted and when there were six votes on you instead of risked not getting your investigations out there.

Nice try.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Vote tally:
h0rt - 5 (jfg, urban, lastings, Giants, ken)
jfg - 1 (h0rt)

8 votes needed for a lynching...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:28 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

If you were actually the investigator, you would've role claimed 4 pages ago when you first posted and when there were six votes on you instead of risked not getting your investigations out there.

Nice try.

I actually thought it was a brilliant effort..

first say he's the investigator so the town really has to pause to wonder if they are about lynch their most important member.

second, hopefully get the real investigator to say "no you're not, i am." (don't do that, by the way.)

third, since he knows who is mafia he isn't just call out a bunch of people that he knows are innocent to see if one of them will say, "hey, I'm not a regular townie, i'm the doctor" (don't do that, by the way)

anyways.. great last ditch effort. string him up.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:29 pm

lol h0rt isn't very good at this game.

i say we lynch him. on the .0000000000000000009% chance he isn't mafia, and is telling the truth, we can look back at his recent post and clear some people. but that ain't gonna happen because he's obviously overflowing with bs.

i think the next thing for town to decide is who to investigate tonight. i say it should be titian. after h0rt is confirmed for mafia, the doctor should know what to do about jfg.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:30 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Sorry, I forgot how amazing your contributions to the town have been.

No, it's not the "standard response for an outed mafia member", but if you're gonna lynch me, you're gonna lynch me.

Oh, umm, actually it is. Even the way you've now role-claimed screams outed mafia member. You're trying to do it nonchalantly and to gain a few allies in the mean time by claiming you investigated them and that they're clean. As steelers said, why wait until now? You were going to let us kill you before without sharing the information you had as the investigator? That makes no sense.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Nice try.

well yeah I am a regular townie even though I don't think I was lurking on Day 1 compared to some of the non posters.
but why did you wait till 6 votes deep to claim to be the investigator. :-?
unvote hort

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Here's where we stand going into tonight and I'm going to assume jfg is the real investigator-

1) The ISK knows the identity of one of the mafia but the mafia also know the identity of the ISK. They're both threats to each other so there's a good chance they'll try to kill each other off. If the bodyguard wasn't the one targeted by the ISK I imagine he will protect his own guy and then kill off the ISK.

2) The doctor knows the identity of a townie/ISK.

3) Hort is most likely the mafia gigolo. I'm not sure why a few people are sure he's the mob boss. I would imagine the mafia would alternate between protecting the boss and gigolo and they would start with the boss on Night 1.

So let's assume hort is lynched, and then the ISK is killed tonight. We'll have 13 people left, 3 of whom are mafia, the doctor, the vigilante, and the investigator. Plus, the doctor will know the identity of one other townie. With the gigolo dead, there's a good possibility the investigator could come forth if he has some kind of information since he could be protected the next night.

Of course, it's hard to say for sure until we see where we're at tomorrow but it's definately something to consider.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk