1st Year Dynasty Draft-Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

1st Year Dynasty Draft-Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st Year Dynasty Draft-Help

Postby OldEnglishZ » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Our league is starting fresh after a few guys dropped, it is dynasty, 12-team, AL-only, auction.

I am looking for advice at what guys to target heavily. I am thinking right now I spend the extra $$ for Cano, Longoria, and C. Sanatana to lock them up for the next five years and then grab a few $1 guys at the end.

What do you guys think? What positions seem the scarcest if Im starting a brand new dynasty?

Only play deep AL-only formats.
OldEnglishZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st Year Dynasty Draft-Help

Postby Fantasy GM » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:58 pm

OldEnglishZ wrote:I am looking for advice at what guys to target heavily. I am thinking right now I spend the extra $$ for Cano, Longoria, and C. Sanatana to lock them up for the next five years and then grab a few $1 guys at the end.

You should include M-Cab into that group. He's the best AL player available and he's only 27-28. Adrian Gonzalez won't be cheap, but he will cost less than M-Cab and is moving into Fenway this year. One other player you might want to invest heavily on is King Felix. He's arguably the top SP in baseball and is still very young.
Fantasy GM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OldEnglishZ » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Fantasy GM wrote:
OldEnglishZ wrote:I am looking for advice at what guys to target heavily. I am thinking right now I spend the extra $$ for Cano, Longoria, and C. Sanatana to lock them up for the next five years and then grab a few $1 guys at the end.

You should include M-Cab into that group. He's the best AL player available and he's only 27-28. Adrian Gonzalez won't be cheap, but he will cost less than M-Cab and is moving into Fenway this year. One other player you might want to invest heavily on is King Felix. He's arguably the top SP in baseball and is still very young.

Thanks. The only problem with Cabrera is I'm from Detroit so everyone will be on him. Sounds like he will go 45 at least. Thanks for the help anyone else?

OldEnglishZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy GM » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm

If MCab is going for $$45, then definitely look into someone like AGon (maybe $35), Tex (same as AGon), or even Morneau/Morales who can go for just under $30. Youkilis is good as well, also will have 1B/3B flexibility. Of that group, I say AGon is the best there, then it's really a toss-up with the others.

I am very high on Felix Hernandez, so if your league wants to break the bank for M-Cab, perhaps go for the easily-top SP.

Finally, welcome to the Cafe! I didn't notice until now that this is your first thread here. A lot of great info on this site, you'll get a lot out of it.
Fantasy GM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OldEnglishZ » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks, so far I love it. Thanks for the advice

OldEnglishZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor