Need advice: do you use CBS for fee per transaction leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need advice: do you use CBS for fee per transaction leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need advice: do you use CBS for fee per transaction leagues?

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Our league uses CBS and charges fees per every transaction. As it stands now we have a league where all transactions go through the secretary/treasurer, and they calculate the fees for every team. It appears that CBS covers all the transactions that our league has, but we are hesitant to switch after hearing from one owner who said this was a big mess a few years ago when he did it for a fantasy football league.

Please share with me your experiences with CBS for fee per transaction leagues including pros, cons, glitches, loopholes, etc.

We have fees for adding free agents, move to/from bench, move to/from DL, activate from farm, and flat per trade fee.

Thanks!
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need advice: do you use CBS for fee per transaction leagues?

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I have been with CBS for several years for baseball. I don't use transaction fees, but CBS has a place for it and from what I have seen it appears to look like it would work. I have never seen anything that was a total failure on their site.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby cplindy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am

I have used CBS for my roto league for past 4 years, the Transaction works great i charge $1 drop,$1add,$1 DL, $1 per player for trades and $2 to move from bench. It calculates everything for you and anyone can go to finance page to see how much they owe anytime. It even has a history page i could tell you how much i spent 3 yrs ago if i wanted. also if someone wanted to pay you a little here a little there you could add that in and it would deduct it from their total. Wouldnt use any other site.
cplindy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 am

Here's one of our main questions - if before the daily deadline someone puts a guy in, changes his mind taking him out, then puts him back in, how much is he charged?
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Commissioner's Corner