Help choose my final keeper...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help choose my final keeper...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help choose my final keeper...WHIR

Postby BeanTown » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 am

14 team H2H 6x6 league with OPS and K/BB being the 6th categories. Allowed to keep a max of 3 keepers and I'm pretty sure I have 2 solid choices - Greinke for a 6th rounder and Cahill for a 12th rounder. I'm finding my 3rd to be a little more difficult. Here are my choices:

1) No 3rd keeper
2) Aaron Hill for my 10th rounder
3) Wandy Rodriguez for my 9th rounder

I also have Kuroda but I'd have to give up an 11th rounder so I don't think there's any value there since he'll probably be drafted later than that.

Which one of my 3 options is best?
Are my first 2 keepers as good as I think?

Thanks. Leave a link
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help choose my final keeper...WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 am

Cahill is ok at 12 but he won't have a similar year and most people agree and his draft position has been pretty low because of this. Not exactly sure where but not real sure he is worth a 12.

Of the two, I like Hill better but don't love the 10th round pick but it is a 14 team league and will go with him. Have to expect him to have a better year.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby dleoboyd » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 am

I personally would just keep Greinke.

Wandy is being drafted at spot 119 on average according to MDC - which is right about where your pick would fall. If you're bullish on Wandy I'd keep him. If you're not I'd dump him.

Same for Cahill - I don't have much confidence in him due to his low K rate, but that GB profile will atone for a multitude of sin......if you like his K-rate to grow markedly in 2011 then keep him. If you think his K-rate will only grow marginally I'd dump him because there's no way he comes close to matching those numbers with that K rate and K/BB ratio.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Aristotle
dleoboyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby mkultra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

I wouldn't keep Wandy for a 9th round pick. That tier of pitching is overflowing with guys who are very similar- Sanchez, Billingsley, Garza, Scherzer. It all depends on who you think is going to break out of the pack.

I also don't think I'd keep Hill, who's essentially a bottom-tier 2B in your league.

Who are your top-pick studs? I'd seriously consider locking in a power bat, even if you have to give up a high pick for it. Especially since you're counting OPS. Power is scarcer than ever this year!
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby teeznutz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am

dleoboyd wrote:I personally would just keep Greinke.

Wandy is being drafted at spot 119 on average according to MDC - which is right about where your pick would fall. If you're bullish on Wandy I'd keep him. If you're not I'd dump him.

Same for Cahill - I don't have much confidence in him due to his low K rate, but that GB profile will atone for a multitude of sin......if you like his K-rate to grow markedly in 2011 then keep him. If you think his K-rate will only grow marginally I'd dump him because there's no way he comes close to matching those numbers with that K rate and K/BB ratio.

;-D ;-D

Pls. help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=421409
teeznutz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 am

dleoboyd wrote:I personally would just keep Greinke.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

viewtopic.php?t=421416
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions