Question for Fantrax users - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question for Fantrax users

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question for Fantrax users

Postby oleredb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Does Fantrax allow the formation of a 24 team h2h points dynasty league with custom schedules so that the league can be divided into two conferences that do not play each other during the regular season?
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question for Fantrax users

Postby HustlinOwl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm

yes
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Last edited by bigmck on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm

I have never used Fantrax, but have heard a lot about it lately. Was it around last year for baseball? Those that have used it, are there any major things that it does not have that you wish it did? Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ricogarion » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:38 pm

You know for a free system it is easy to use and really does a great job providing your league the control it needs.
ricogarion
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby oleredb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:02 am

What are the negatives that you have experienced with Fantrax?
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby ricogarion » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Really familiarize yourself with the way the system operates,draft room needs to be tried once to figure out the nuances.Real easy to use but like with anything new you need to familiarize yourself. :-)
ricogarion
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby johnchezy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 am

FanTrax is a young server but they are rapidly improving. They are adding features all the time and their league customization is as good as anything I've seen.
We didn't draft with FanTrax this year because our league was with CBS through our draft and then we switched over after having enough of CBS' shenanigans. So next year will be our first experience with the draft room. But so far we're all very happy with the site and their customer service. If you have questions they are very quick to help you out and they're willing to listen to suggestions for improvements. Their custom leagues are only $60, versus $150-$180 through CBS and it offers virtually the same product.

There are a couple features missing (polls and news stories that you can write as an owner) but it won't be long before those are offered as well. Again, it's a new site, but it's growing very quickly and they're constantly working on improvements.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigmck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm

johnchezy wrote:FanTrax is a young server but they are rapidly improving. They are adding features all the time and their league customization is as good as anything I've seen.
We didn't draft with FanTrax this year because our league was with CBS through our draft and then we switched over after having enough of CBS' shenanigans. So next year will be our first experience with the draft room. But so far we're all very happy with the site and their customer service. If you have questions they are very quick to help you out and they're willing to listen to suggestions for improvements. Their custom leagues are only $60, versus $150-$180 through CBS and it offers virtually the same product.

There are a couple features missing (polls and news stories that you can write as an owner) but it won't be long before those are offered as well. Again, it's a new site, but it's growing very quickly and they're constantly working on improvements.

I wasn't aware they had pay sites. I thought the whole thing was free. How do the pay sites differ from the free ones? Do they have the ability for salaries and contract columns next to each players name? Any info given would be appreciated. Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnchezy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Yes, they do have those options. (I have added columns in our league for contracts and salaries)
Actually... the free commissioner league and the pay commissioner league has only a few differences.
For the $60 this is what you get in addition to their normal customizing (which by the way, the free leagues are pretty in depth in terms of customizing). But here are the extras for their premium commissioner league:

-Allow duplicate players (more than one team can have the same player)
-Can trade draft picks
-Priority customer support (you get higher up on the queue)
-Up to 100 teams per league
-Prize management system
-Free playoff commissioner league (can set up a new league during the playoffs)
-Minor league eligibility options

These options are only available through pay service. But you could easily get by with a free league.
I like the option of draft pick trading and having a higher priority with customer service. And even though those upgrades are probably not worth $60, considering what you can get for free, to me it's well worth it when I'm used to paying $150+ anyway.

They are also coming out soon with a lifetime membership league... details have not been released but I'm guessing it'll be around $300 for a lifetime premium commissioner league. If it is, it would be paid for in 5 seasons and you'd be free after that.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner