ESPN Projections, Position Eligibility? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Projections, Position Eligibility?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN Projections, Position Eligibility?

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Looking through the 2011 ESPN Projections and I've noticed some weird things with what players are listed at certain positions.

This is what it says on the page:

Positional eligibility is based on 2010 statistics. For hitters, a player must have played 20 games at a position to be eligible there in 2011. For pitchers, starting pitcher eligibility is achieved by having made at least five starts in 2010 and relief pitcher eligibility by having made at least 8 relief appearances.

That's all well and good but they don't follow that guideline with their listings. For example they have included Casey McGehee with the 2B and Gordon Beckham with the 3B. There are some others too that I've come across. Maybe it's just an error they haven't resolved yet, but I found it odd.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN Projections, Position Eligibility?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm

yea i too noticed couple players who were given eligibility on ESPN when they haven't met the requirements. i remember one of them being mcgehee.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Montana168 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I have a feeling the ESPN projections are simply incomplete right now but they wanted to at least give people a glance at them on opening night of the leagues.

You will also notice that some player projections are simply not listed (e.g. mike minor, jordan zimmerman) and also there is not a brief description under every player as they have done in the past. There is also not a separate webpage for the draft kit.

Not sure when all of that will be updated, but I would take those projections/rankings with a grain of salt right now, there will be a finished product soon.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Montana168 wrote:I have a feeling the ESPN projections are simply incomplete right now but they wanted to at least give people a glance at them on opening night of the leagues.

You will also notice that some player projections are simply not listed (e.g. mike minor, jordan zimmerman) and also there is not a brief description under every player as they have done in the past. There is also not a separate webpage for the draft kit.

Not sure when all of that will be updated, but I would take those projections/rankings with a grain of salt right now, there will be a finished product soon.

Yep, looks like they fixed it now.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Return to Baseball Leftovers