the battle for Cairo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

the battle for Cairo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

only 1 fatality? cheap price so far, i'm sure this will get more expensive. when does the government start with military action?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 pm

urbanbreez wrote:when does the government start with military action?


There are doubts the military would follow orders if ordered to break up the protest.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:07 pm

There were reports of soldiers smiling at and singing with protesters.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:14 pm

thedude wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:when does the government start with military action?


There are doubts the military would follow orders if ordered to break up the protest.

that would be awesome.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 pm

thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
wrveres wrote:
they were bussed in, and they have the square surrounded. we are only seeing one small corner of the battle ..


Bussed in from where? I'm surprised that there are any people who support him of their own free will (I mean aside from those who benefit directly from the corruption but that has to be a small number don't you think?).


Reportedly the work for government agencies, like the state owned oil company.

Yeah, they're paid thugs.

This is all interesting, but I'm waiting for the big reveal: Who's leading the aftermath, and how do they work with the West/Israel?
This could be the most important thing to happen to America this decade, and I venture that most Americans will have no clue that it even happened.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:44 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Bussed in from where? I'm surprised that there are any people who support him of their own free will (I mean aside from those who benefit directly from the corruption but that has to be a small number don't you think?).


Reportedly the work for government agencies, like the state owned oil company.

Yeah, they're paid thugs.

This is all interesting, but I'm waiting for the big reveal: Who's leading the aftermath, and how do they work with the West/Israel?
This could be the most important thing to happen to America this decade, and I venture that most Americans will have no clue that it even happened.


This is true. Mubarak, like the Shah before him, was friendly with the US.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Bussed in from where? I'm surprised that there are any people who support him of their own free will (I mean aside from those who benefit directly from the corruption but that has to be a small number don't you think?).


Reportedly the work for government agencies, like the state owned oil company.

Yeah, they're paid thugs.


Well reportedly there have also been fliers circulating talking about how the protesters are leading to food shortages. And that is a real issue right now, there is no commerce at going on in the city right now, and stores have been closed since the protests started. I have heard talk that the government is trying to rally the poor to their cause.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Bussed in from where? I'm surprised that there are any people who support him of their own free will (I mean aside from those who benefit directly from the corruption but that has to be a small number don't you think?).


Reportedly the work for government agencies, like the state owned oil company.

Yeah, they're paid thugs.

This is all interesting, but I'm waiting for the big reveal: Who's leading the aftermath, and how do they work with the West/Israel?
This could be the most important thing to happen to America this decade, and I venture that most Americans will have no clue that it even happened.

I think there has been fairly significant media coverage since last Friday. While most may not care about the implications, I think most people are aware of the protests.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11071
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Tavish wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Yeah, they're paid thugs.

This is all interesting, but I'm waiting for the big reveal: Who's leading the aftermath, and how do they work with the West/Israel?
This could be the most important thing to happen to America this decade, and I venture that most Americans will have no clue that it even happened.

I think there has been fairly significant media coverage since last Friday. While most may not care about the implications, I think most people are aware of the protests.


I am not sure if people understand the potential implications of the protests though.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: the battle for Cairo

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:29 pm

thedude wrote:
Tavish wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Yeah, they're paid thugs.

This is all interesting, but I'm waiting for the big reveal: Who's leading the aftermath, and how do they work with the West/Israel?
This could be the most important thing to happen to America this decade, and I venture that most Americans will have no clue that it even happened.

I think there has been fairly significant media coverage since last Friday. While most may not care about the implications, I think most people are aware of the protests.


I am not sure if people understand the potential implications of the protests though.

It's not exactly rocket science. Most of the people who don't understand the implications are the same ones who couldn't pick out Egypt on a map or up until last Friday thought Egypt was still ran by Pharaohs.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11071
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact