Blizzaster 2011 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Blizzaster 2011

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blizzaster 2011

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

It's about to hit the fan here in St. Louis. Southern part of the metro area is looking at a couple inches of ice. Just to the north and west, they're looking at 2 feet of snow. I'm somewhere in between. We're officially in a blizzard warning with 35+ mph winds expected for many hours later today. Got the fireplace and propane grill primed and ready, just in case. How are things shaping up for the rest of you? Who lives in Chicago? It's supposed to be pretty bad there, too.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Blizzaster 2011

Postby bigken117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

In Boston it's already one of the 10 snowiest winters ever ... and we're supposed to get up to 24 more inches over the next two days.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

Detroit is looking at 12-18 inches...allegedly it's supposed to snow from 7PM tonight until 7PM tomorrow...i'm planning to take my laptop and "work from home" tomorrow
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Ugh, classes aren't even canceled at NIU as far as I know, so that's 7 hours of class today and I don't even have tennis rackets I can tape to my feet to make snow shoes. On top of that I'm in charge of getting people to shovel around my house, and if everyone's lazy they're going to blame me for not doing my job.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

It's called winter. Why the commotion?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:It's called winter. Why the commotion?

Mookie, might I suggest a new avatar for you?

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RugbyD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm mulling the idea of taking the day off tomorrow to build a snow fort in Grant Park. At the very least it will be a work from home day since I reverse commute for work.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Today is the 7th day they've canceled school since January started here. We can't go more than 3 days without getting another storm with several inches. Worst winter since '95 is all they keep saying. With another storm piggy backing this one late tonight/early tomorrow morning, it may be more of the same tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:47 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Today is the 7th day they've canceled school since January started here. We can't go more than 3 days without getting another storm with several inches. Worst winter since '95 is all they keep saying. With another storm piggy backing this one late tonight/early tomorrow morning, it may be more of the same tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining...

Have fun working into July like a normal person.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

thedude wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Today is the 7th day they've canceled school since January started here. We can't go more than 3 days without getting another storm with several inches. Worst winter since '95 is all they keep saying. With another storm piggy backing this one late tonight/early tomorrow morning, it may be more of the same tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining...

Have fun working into July like a normal person.

No chance. They'll take away our scheduled conference days and maaaaybe a day from our spring break. i'll have my two months off as per usual. B-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Next

Return to General Talk