Mafia - Session IV, Day 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia - Session IV, Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia - Session IV, Day 1

Postby TitanFan07 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:WOW. if m16a is guilty, then steelersfan is obviously guilty as well then, right? that is a relly weird time to slow down a train moving towards day 1 death..

maybe m16a is guilty and maybe he isn't, but it looks to me that if he is, two mafia are going down.

This is similar reasoning to why I got you lynched last game for you not voting for h0rt. O:-)
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:04 pm

stillerfan wrote: I don't think that m16a has done much to warrant all these votes. His defensive post could have been because he's a special townie as well, or because he's just overly defensive in general (which could justify killing him as a potential distraction, but that's a separate discussion).

[b]unvote: m16a
[/b]

i'm sorry, what are you looking for? nobody is going to jump out and expose a role on day 1. not directly. but there are clues. m16 got super defensive when i called him out (usually a good mafia indicator), and "all these unwarranted votes"... included one of yours. now the m16 ball is rolling and you hop off the bandwagon? why you half-steppin with your weapon on safety? worried that one of your mafia buddies might get actually get lynched so you pull the vote off before it becomes too obvious? rookie mistake, dawg. you may have just tilted your hand. you obviously ain't pro and, at the very least, seem like strange guy. i'll be watching you.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitanFan07 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 pm

urbanbreez wrote:

stillerfan wrote: I don't think that m16a has done much to warrant all these votes. His defensive post could have been because he's a special townie as well, or because he's just overly defensive in general (which could justify killing him as a potential distraction, but that's a separate discussion).

[b]unvote: m16a
[/b]

i'm sorry, what are you looking for? nobody is going to jump out and expose a role on day 1. not directly. but there are clues. m16 got super defensive when i called him out (usually a good mafia indicator), and "all these unwarranted votes"... included one of yours. now the m16 ball is rolling and you hop off the bandwagon? why you half-steppin with your weapon on safety? worried that one of your mafia buddies might get actually get lynched so you pull the vote off before it becomes too obvious? rookie mistake, dawg. you may have just tilted your hand. you obviously ain't pro and, at the very least, seem like strange guy. i'll be watching you.

nice quote skillz bro
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Vote tally (10 votes needed for lynch):
m16 - 6 (urban, Aqua, teddy, lastings, Titans, Dan)
Aqua - 4 (dude, Lebo, ken, bills)
wake - 2 (Mookie, jfg)
Dan - 1 (Giants)
teddy - 1 (h0rt)
urban - 1 (wake)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm

ugh.

computers: how do they work? !+)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:WOW. if m16a is guilty, then steelersfan is obviously guilty as well then, right? that is a relly weird time to slow down a train moving towards day 1 death..

maybe m16a is guilty and maybe he isn't, but it looks to me that if he is, two mafia are going down.

This is similar reasoning to why I got you lynched last game for you not voting for h0rt. O:-)

true. but I didn't slow down the h0rt train, I just didn't pile on to it.

it just seems like a really weird unvote to me. especially becasue m16a hasn't come do defend himself or say anything at all. adn it's not like someone swayed him to put his vote somewhere else. just really looks like he doesn't want m16a to die.

looks like stupid observation by me if m16a comes up innocent. but very telling he he comes up guilty.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

I put my vote on as a joke, and now others are putting serious votes on him. I'm not convinced that we should lynch him based on what he's done so far. If we decide to do it just to get a lynch or because we think he's a liability, then I'll put my vote back on, but everyone just seems to have assumed that he'll be a liability. Other than screwing up last game, what has he done to be a liability, and how badly did he screw up last game? (I'm not suggesting that there isn't a good answer to this question, just that I'd like to hear it before actually voting for him.)

urbanbreez wrote:you obviously ain't pro and, at the very least, seem like strange guy. i'll be watching you.

I won't deny that. I'm probably thinking about everything way more than I should.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Can't say I blame you; I find most other Steelers fans annoying myself.

I just got back from class, so I'm gonna go back and try to make some sense of what has happened so far.

You're going to make sense of it are you?
We'll be waiting to see what you discover.
Maybe some periodic updates on the progress of your research before the big conclusion? You know, to draw out the suspense.

But maybe when you said you will "try to make some sense of what has happened so far" you were talking about your life. If that is the case then take all of the sarcasm and derision out of what I said above and I wish you all of the best you timorous beastie.

I guess what I am trying to get to is: shut up.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way with my tiny post in which I responded to Lambskin's vote on me and checked in. I didn't mean to imply that me looking back could unlock the secret to the origin of the universe or definitively answer the question of the existence of God, and if I did and that angered you in some way, I apologize. Odds are that I'll go back and pick someone who looks suspicious and be wrong with that pick, but if we don't try to figure out who's who then we're just guessing, and seeing as most people are on the town's side, guessing is going to be wrong more often than not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is chill out.

What did I say?

You're very defensive.

Unvote: wake
Vote Steelerfan

Go Pack!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Look at steelerfan defend m16 once the votes start to pile up and tell me how that's not fishy at all.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
You're going to make sense of it are you?
We'll be waiting to see what you discover.
Maybe some periodic updates on the progress of your research before the big conclusion? You know, to draw out the suspense.

But maybe when you said you will "try to make some sense of what has happened so far" you were talking about your life. If that is the case then take all of the sarcasm and derision out of what I said above and I wish you all of the best you timorous beastie.

I guess what I am trying to get to is: shut up.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way with my tiny post in which I responded to Lambskin's vote on me and checked in. I didn't mean to imply that me looking back could unlock the secret to the origin of the universe or definitively answer the question of the existence of God, and if I did and that angered you in some way, I apologize. Odds are that I'll go back and pick someone who looks suspicious and be wrong with that pick, but if we don't try to figure out who's who then we're just guessing, and seeing as most people are on the town's side, guessing is going to be wrong more often than not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is chill out.

What did I say?

You're very defensive.

Unvote: wake
Vote Steelerfan

Go Pack!

Maybe I just assumed you were being critical when you concluded your post with "shut up." I'm not sure I exactly get what you were trying to say now, either. Anyway, why would getting defensive about that make me seem mafia-like to you? If you wanna vote for me for taking my vote off m16a, then that's fine, but getting defensive about something not related to the game doesn't seem to indicate mafia to me.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk