Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 pm

bigken117 wrote:Option B but whatevs. Lets get rolling.

So the 2 person family with a godfather and a regular, and the 3 person with a boss and 2 regulars, or something like that?

If people want to start late tonight/early tomorrow morning, looks like we'll be doing 19 people with a 14 on 5 configuration - just gotta break down the mafia and decide if we want to go with the exact same townie/ISK roles as last time or some something minimally invasive like splitting up the investigator or something similar...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Just tell me who is playing and what roles we are going with and I can send out the info tomorrow morning. ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 am

Maybe we should get moving with who we have now. I suggest the only change in role we make is splitting the investigator into two roles (like I mentioned a couple of pages ago-one finds mob, one finds isk).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 am

My thoughts:

I don't think we need two crime families if we only have 19 or however many. It just seems that 14-on-5 with 2 crime families is actually a little unfair for the Mafia, clearly the Mafia not all being able to work together is a disadvantage for them. Whereas 14 v. 5 is a nice ratio, given that both sides have some special roles. As for the special roles, I think they're fine how they are now. I wouldn't mind seeing sensor or tracker added. Now if we have 21, then I would say 2 crime families is kind of cool. But I think having a "crime family" of just 2 members is a little small....

As an aside, I don't see the huge advantage of splitting up the investigator role. I don't think it hurts the town any, but I don't see the huge advantage in having one guy find the one ISK (but it's not really important to me, whatever)....

But it's no big deal either way; let's get this game on!! ;-D
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 am

I'm a fan of small changes if any. I really don't care either way, but if we go crazy on roles I think it will turn into much more a crapshoot than actually evaluation of players/posts and such. Where is my PM?
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

OK everyone, I am going to have to bow out of this one as a player and just mod from the sidelines, so time to take J's role - you guys figure out the exact roles and distributions you want and then let's try to get this thing going in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow if possible.

Looks like 19 is the big number as I've heard back from most invites/feelers, so let's assume some form of a 15 on 4 with more mafia roles or a 14 on 5 with more regular mafia - I'll let y'all hash out the details and then let's get this puppy up and running already, OK?! ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 am

WaCougMBS wrote:OK everyone, I am going to have to bow out of this one as a player and just mod from the sidelines, so time to take J's role - you guys figure out the exact roles and distributions you want and then let's try to get this thing going in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow if possible.

Looks like 19 is the big number as I've heard back from most invites/feelers, so let's assume some form of a 15 on 4 with more mafia roles or a 14 on 5 with more regular mafia - I'll let y'all hash out the details and then let's get this puppy up and running already, OK?! ;-D

Let's just go 14 v 5 and not get crazy with the roles. split up the investigator if you wish, but let's not go crazy. Send us our PMs and let's get moving.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 am

boring

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:42 am

Vote: Cougs

seriously though, i'm fine with just keeping it simple
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Vote: Cougs

seriously though, i'm fine with just keeping it simple

This. ;-D
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk