Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:18 pm

You know the drill at this point - looking for 15 or more guys to fill up another big game - I've sent out feelers to everyone from one-time players to good ol' boys and am hoping for a big response. State your interest below and/or check in if you already made it known that you wanted to play Session IV. Also, feel free to include any recommendations for role changes, etc. and we'll try to get this puppy up and running by Tuesday at the latest. I think I'll throw my hat in the ring to mod this game, but if we get close to the number and have someone who really doesn't want to play but will mod, then I'll take a playing spot so we can get started!

We already have 19 interested players with about a dozen feelers out there, so let's start talking about expanding roles and adding things like separate crime families, village idiots, millers, etc.

Mod:
WaCougMBS

Players:
  1. Dan Lambskin
  2. lastingsgriller
  3. wake
  4. thedude
  5. GiantsFan14
  6. TitanFan07
  7. J35J
  8. urbanbreez
  9. Teddy Ballgame
  10. Inukchuk
  11. m16a
  12. BigLebowski
  13. bigh0rt
  14. buffalobillsrul2002
  15. bigken117
  16. Mookie
  17. Aquaman2342
  18. jfg
  19. steelerfan513
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Basic" roles for last game's 15-player roster. Needs expansion/addition/etc...

Mafia Roles:
Mob Boss - If he's lynched, the mafia doesn't get a kill that night. If he's the last mafia left, he'll get two kills a night until he dies or the game ends.
Bodyguard - He can protect one mafia member per night. He can't protect himself and he can't protect the same person on back to back nights
Gigolo - He can distract one person each night so they can't use their night ability. He can't choose the same person on consecutive nights and he won't be told if the person he blocked actually had an ability.
Regular Mafia

Town Roles:
Investigator - He chooses one person per night and is told what their role is
Doctor - He chooses one person per night to protect from any night killings. This still applies even if multiple people try to kill the protected person. He can't protect himself and he can't choose the same person on consecutive nights.
Watcher - He chooses one person per night to see if they leave their house. Basically, he's told if a person is a regular townie or if they have a special role. He's not given any information on what that player's specific role or alignment is though.
Vigilante - He can choose one person to kill each night (optional)
Regular Townies - Six of these poor schmucks with no special night time abilities

Other Role:
Insane Serial Killer - He can choose one person per night to kill. He wins if he's the last standing (or if only one other person is left at the start of a day phase)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roles we could add:
Regular Mafia - fifth team member to even things out in bigger game

Miller - on the side of the town. However, he's a suspicious character so if the investigator checks him out, the investigator will be told he's mafia . If the watcher checks him out though, he'll see the miller didn't leave his house. When roles are given out, the miller will be told he's just a regular townie. His identity will be revealed upon death though. With this role in play, the investigator is simply told if mafiosi he investigates are, in fact, "bad guys" but not their specific role (i.e. mob boss, gigolo or bodyguard).

Multiple mafia families - could be a fun expansion if we have like 21 people or so, to get two specific mafia families against 15 or so townies (with probably no miller, but another special role or two to keep balance)

Undercover cop/rat (good guy planted within the mafia)

Witness (told who the mafia are during the first night, while the mafia are not told the witness's identity

Godfather (opposite of the miller - shows up as an innocent when investigated/watched, but is actually the mafia leader)

village idiot (tries to get the town to try to lynch him; or must participate in all lynch votes - mafia usually gets a kill bonus - 2 at night - after he's killed)

dentist (ability to silence one player per night for the next day)

silencer (same as dentist, but for mafia)

Some permutation of these plus/in addition to the original 15? :-?
Last edited by WaCougMBS on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 am, edited 18 times in total.
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia 2011 - Session IV signup thread

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 pm

i'm in.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Now that I can check in regularly again, I'm in. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm

BTW, have some feelers out to about 6-8 regulars who've played in the past, so we MIGHT be able to get an even more massive game going if that's possible and everyone is a fan - in that case though I have to play, so we'd be in the market for a mod :-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby J35J » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 pm

I can mod if need be
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah, I'm in for one more. Just remember, according to h0rt, there's no chance I'm isk again...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Yeah, I'm in for one more. Just remember, according to h0rt, there's no chance I'm isk again...

lol got him. h0rt is why our educational system is failing so hard.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby m16a » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:23 pm

I'd be interested in playing, however, do you want me to play or not is the question... :-b
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 7)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 pm

m16a wrote:I'd be interested in playing, however, do you want me to play or not is the question... :-b

only if we aren't on the same side. :-b
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby BigLebowski » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 pm

I'll give it a go one more time.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Next