The Non-Cafeholics Mock Draft 2011 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Non-Cafeholics Mock Draft 2011

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Non-Cafeholics Mock Draft 2011

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:BTW, with the Holics mock, we're doing a traditional mock with the following lineup:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, UTIL, 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 5 BN

21 rounds, assume 5x5 scoring. You can do the mock with any configuration you like, but if you want a direct comparison with the Holics mock, I suggest rolling with the same setup as ours.

Sounds like a plan - would be nice to run comparisons when it's all done.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:BTW, with the Holics mock, we're doing a traditional mock with the following lineup:

21 rounds, assume 5x5 scoring. You can do the mock with any configuration you like, but if you want a direct comparison with the Holics mock, I suggest rolling with the same setup as ours.

Yeah I'm with you guys, sounds great! ;-D
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby Iggy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:34 pm

If anyone cancels ... I would be interested in joining
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)

Postby hett2333 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm

West wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:

This style of mock is so outdated though...I don't think it's necessary to follow the "cafe experts". I don't know of competitive league that still plays with this type of format. I think we should have 2C, MI, CI, and 5 OF, with the standard 9 pitchers. Mock draft might run longer, but it's a better gauge...does anyone really still play in a league where only 36 OF are started? Heck, even espn has finally moved away from that format...up to you though.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:01 pm

hett2333 wrote:This style of mock is so outdated though...I don't think it's necessary to follow the "cafe experts". I don't know of competitive league that still plays with this type of format. I think we should have 2C, MI, CI, and 5 OF, with the standard 9 pitchers. Mock draft might run longer, but it's a better gauge...does anyone really still play in a league where only 36 OF are started? Heck, even espn has finally moved away from that format...up to you though.

The Holics mock draft has generally been aimed at fantasy players of all different levels of expertise and commitments. It just makes sense to use the standard league setup that most play in.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby West » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

hett2333 wrote:

This style of mock is so outdated though...I don't think it's necessary to follow the "cafe experts". I don't know of competitive league that still plays with this type of format. I think we should have 2C, MI, CI, and 5 OF, with the standard 9 pitchers. Mock draft might run longer, but it's a better gauge...does anyone really still play in a league where only 36 OF are started? Heck, even espn has finally moved away from that format...up to you though.

For the sake of comparison we're going with the Cafeholics' format. Do you still want in? If so please check in to the thread at
viewtopic.php?t=421201
If not, please say so.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:16 pm

hett2333 wrote:Is the "Cafeholics" mock the slowest draft ever? I think one pick has been posted in the last ten hours...

hett2333 wrote:
West wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:Sounds like a plan - would be nice to run comparisons when it's all done.

Aren't you a bottle full of joy.

You do realize that the majority of first time players or new players in generally will play the basic Yahoo setup. You do also realize that there are far more people lurking here than that actually post...alot of those lurkers are new players or less experienced. The first mock of the year is usually geared toward those players...you know, the onese that could most use the help. I'd rather it be geared for the majority and for the less experienced than for those that already have a good idea of what they are doing. We can always do more, and likely will, where we will have more teams and roster spots.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

If we had a Holics challenge this year, we would have a cinch for the first n00b. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:24 pm

hett2333 wrote:
West wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:Sounds like a plan - would be nice to run comparisons when it's all done.

It's just a mock draft, I think the simpler the better.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby West » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:26 pm

J35J wrote:Aren't you a bottle full of joy.

You do realize that the majority of first time players or new players in generally will play the basic Yahoo setup. You do also realize that there are far more people lurking here than that actually post...alot of those lurkers are new players or less experienced. The first mock of the year is usually geared toward those players...you know, the onese that could most use the help. I'd rather it be geared for the majority and for the less experienced than for those that already have a good idea of what they are doing. We can always do more, and likely will, where we will have more teams and roster spots.

+1

I mean, we've got all of February and March to get into more complicated formats. This is a good one to get under your belt in January.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers