wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Session 3- Day 3

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:You are right Dream, it is an easy vote today:
vote: Dream

Hop on the train Titan - you are what? 1-1 on your votes for mafia. You don't think for a second that WaCoug was setting me up to be the next to go - smart play on his part ;-D Oh, and thanks WaCoug :-t Your logic is pretty flawed in this game and I hope someone sees it - but you probably have little chance of making it past today either way. I hope some of the non-active players can see this and take care of Titan now
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 pm

dream_017 wrote:
TitanFan07 wrote:You are right Dream, it is an easy vote today:

Hop on the train Titan - you are what? 1-1 on your votes for mafia. You don't think for a second that WaCoug was setting me up to be the next to go - smart play on his part ;-D Oh, and thanks WaCoug :-t Your logic is pretty flawed in this game and I hope someone sees it - but you probably have little chance of making it past today either way. I hope some of the non-active players can see this and take care of Titan now

That's the first thing that you have said that I agree with. I don't think WaCoug has much chance of making past today either.

Again with all the smilies.
Can we just hurry up and whack this guy already?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

dream_017 wrote: You don't think for a second that WaCoug was setting me up to be the next to go - smart play on his part ;-D

Nope. Two reasons...

1)Cougs had your back during both day 1 and day 2. I don't think Cougs has the skills needed to set you up for a day 3 lynching during day 1. He's no GiantsFan.

2)Cougs had no idea that he was going to get killed by the ISK during the night. So how could he set you up?
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

i'm close to putting a vote on Dream as well but i'd like to hear from everyone else to make sure i'm not jumping the gun
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm leaning towards doing such myself. I have no clue about a couple of players due to lack of history. I do have a couple of theories but nothing solid I can stand behind 100%. Dream has been on my list a time or two of who I think is scum. Problem we have here is the big posters are gone so the discussions aren't gonna get as in depth as before, and we have fewer players.

Heck if titan is behind Dream then so am I. I am a bit leery of the fact that this is a mookie train, but I'm hitched on board.

VOTE - DREAM du'jor
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:13 pm

BTW. I'm off the grid for the next few hours.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 pm

We have yet to hear from Dan, Chuck and m16a. Cast a vote guys.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Is m16a usually a quiet player or is this an unusual style for him? So far he has made 8 posts between the first two days.
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby m16a » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:Day 1: Cougs questions urban's vote against Dream
Night 1: The mafia kill urban

Day 2: J is most suspicious of Dream
Night 2: The mafia kill J

Interesting... 2 people that suspected Dream but didn't have their final vote on him end up getting killed by the mafia.

Here's an interesting post on day 2 by Cougs who attacks J35J, Lastings and myself while defending Dream...
WaCougMBS wrote:If anything, I think lastings' plea is total BS that has three potential outcomes, all of which are pretty viable. Either A) he's a mafiosi caught up in a bizarre shell game started from Day 1, B) he's part of that but also partnered with J and the mafia are trying to get heat off the guy on the edge while also absolving another, or C) J is a lot filthier than we thought and his swoop in to truly "deflect" has been overlooked and he's just distancing himself from killing lastings because he already knows his identity and is trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Either way, lastings is involved in two of those scenarios, but all three are potentially convincing. I think with lastings, J, and Titans you have at least a mafioso and a an ISK if not more, and then the rest come out of the larger pool.

If anything, I think lastings' death will tell us a lot about J, since people don't want to string him up for some reason :-? either way, and it could even be a bad-guy kill at a discount rate all told. I still have my reservations about titans and don't know why no one else sees it with him (other than some seem resigned he's the vigilante because of his newness and the ridiculous Day 1 kill), but the direction of votes based on today's actions seems pretty clear. A couple people still have it out for dream, but I just don't see anything out of the norm or really like what he did last game. There have been enough attempted bandwagons to choke a goat at this point and I can't make heads or tails from a lot of the chaos, but I do know how I feel about Titans and his actions; what lastings did in Day 1 still looks bad, and what J is doing right now is pretty darned fishy too, coming across as a confused n00b townie that is...

You are right Dream, it is an easy vote today:

. It would appear I was off base, with Coug being our active mafia member. Of course, since J was a quiet townie, then it would stand to reason that either our other quiet fellows, Chuck or Lebo are. Of course, this is a pretty unsound theory currently, so I'll have to research those guys. But as of now, I'd think looking at Chuck and Lebo would be the next steps. I'll research the last few days.

Dang, as much as I hate to admit it, you've got some sound logic. For now, If you'll recall, I was suspicious of dream early yesterday due to the fact that he was playing very similarly to last game when we were mafia. He also jumped onto lastings late on the boat, but not so much that he was the final vote, which is often viewed in a negative light. Perhaps a more solid indicator would be when J indicated some suspicion of dream late in the second day of the game.

J wrote:My biggest suspicions lie with Dream right now and since he put a vote on lastings

So, once again, I'm thinking we've found something in dream. Lets see how this goes.

Vote=dream
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk