15) J35J- Townie- killed night 2 by the mafia

5 votes to lynch
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Session 3- Day 3

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Well, I tried to stay pretty quiet 'yesterday', because I didn't want what eventually turned out to happen to Lastings. Turns out I followed bad advice from Titan who I think looks really bad in this whole mess. I mean why else would he leave Mookie alive - the only reason is to have him go after me and hope that the rest of the town follows suit and takes out another townie. I think this should be a very easy decision today:

vote: Titan
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Well, that was an odd kill by the mafia, as I think J35J would have been on everyone's lynch radar today. Thankfully, the crazy bastard kept this from becoming a mafia massacre. Also, good to see the vig showed some restraint this time around.

I'm at work right now, but I plan on rereading everything with the knowledge that Cougs was mafia. That definitely came as a surprise...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:38 pm

dream_017 wrote:Well, I tried to stay pretty quiet 'yesterday', because I didn't want what eventually turned out to happen to Lastings. Turns out I followed bad advice from Titan who I think looks really bad in this whole mess. I mean why else would he leave Mookie alive - the only reason is to have him go after me and hope that the rest of the town follows suit and takes out another townie. I think this should be a very easy decision today:

vote: Titan

The reason to leave mookie alive is so that you can say "if I was mafia I would have killed mookie".

Bandwagon-jumping, smilie-putting, first-post-of-the-day-with-obvious-scheme-posting mafia rat bastard.

vote: dream :-S
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Cougs? wtf....

Someone I'd really like to hear from is Lambskin.....he's made two pile on votes and has been almost non-existent this entire game.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm

interesting...there were some things that led me to believe Cougs might be mafia but i wasnt sure. i was planning to go after him but just felt strongly Lastings was mafia...unfortunately i was wrong about Lastings :,-(
quick summary of the votes for Lastings

Aqua - quick vote on him because Mookie was suspicious :-?

Titans - really kept putting pressure on everyone to vote Lastings, but seems to have had some run ins with mafia member Cougs...ISK :-? Didnt vote for H0rt

Lambskin - guilty of townie on townie crime...had i been able to put more time into Day 2 i might have pulled my vote, but it seemed like something was up with him

Dream - didnt vote for h0rt Day 1, seemed to be all over the place on Day 2

J - killed by Mafia

Chuck - Didnt vote for h0rt...seemed to really waffle back and forth on Lastings and said he would have voted for townie J as well

at this point i'm suspicious of all of them, although i think Titans is more likely to be ISK than Mafia

other remaining players
Mookie - pretty sure he is on the towns side, although i'm still not fully convinced...

Lebowski - i get the feeling he's pro-town

M16 - had votes on both Dream and Titans, voted for Mookie day 1

Dream, Chuck, Titans and M16 are the one's i'm most suspicious of right now. i dont really have a good read on Aqua at this point
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Cougs? wtf....

Someone I'd really like to hear from is Lambskin.....he's made two pile on votes and has been almost non-existent this entire game.

i was writing that before all the other posts...i've been fairly busy at work/home and somewhat apathetic being a townie for the 3rd game in a row
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Going back over day 2, I'm again buying what Mookie is selling with dream. He's played incredibly spaz this entire game and was able to get away with not voting for h0rt on day 1. I'm inclined to believe he is a mafioso.

vote: dream
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I really thought that I had caught a mafia slip up from lastings. He contradicted himself and his play didn't make sense. And once I caught him in that contradiction I went after him hard. That's all I had to go on and I went with it. My bad.

I'm going back to re-read the first two days and come back with some thoughts in a bit.
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Day 1: Cougs questions urban's vote against Dream
Night 1: The mafia kill urban

Day 2: J is most suspicious of Dream
Night 2: The mafia kill J

Interesting... 2 people that suspected Dream but didn't have their final vote on him end up getting killed by the mafia.

Here's an interesting post on day 2 by Cougs who attacks J35J, Lastings and myself while defending Dream...
WaCougMBS wrote:If anything, I think lastings' plea is total BS that has three potential outcomes, all of which are pretty viable. Either A) he's a mafiosi caught up in a bizarre shell game started from Day 1, B) he's part of that but also partnered with J and the mafia are trying to get heat off the guy on the edge while also absolving another, or C) J is a lot filthier than we thought and his swoop in to truly "deflect" has been overlooked and he's just distancing himself from killing lastings because he already knows his identity and is trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Either way, lastings is involved in two of those scenarios, but all three are potentially convincing. I think with lastings, J, and Titans you have at least a mafioso and a an ISK if not more, and then the rest come out of the larger pool.

If anything, I think lastings' death will tell us a lot about J, since people don't want to string him up for some reason :-? either way, and it could even be a bad-guy kill at a discount rate all told. I still have my reservations about titans and don't know why no one else sees it with him (other than some seem resigned he's the vigilante because of his newness and the ridiculous Day 1 kill), but the direction of votes based on today's actions seems pretty clear. A couple people still have it out for dream, but I just don't see anything out of the norm or really like what he did last game. There have been enough attempted bandwagons to choke a goat at this point and I can't make heads or tails from a lot of the chaos, but I do know how I feel about Titans and his actions; what lastings did in Day 1 still looks bad, and what J is doing right now is pretty darned fishy too, coming across as a confused n00b townie that is...

You are right Dream, it is an easy vote today:
vote: Dream
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to General Talk