Getting the Runaround from CBS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Getting the Runaround from CBS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Getting the Runaround from CBS

Postby johnchezy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:50 am

This post is for H2H commissioners that would like a change they may not even realize they would like until they actually hear about it.

I've been petitioning CBS to add an option in the schedule.
As their set up goes now, they have (for head to head leagues) Weekly Scoring Periods, or Bi Weekly or Monthly.
As you all are well aware, fantasy baseball is not the same as fantasy football. Football is generally played on one day a week (Sunday) while baseball is played 7 days a week. For CBS to limit the scoring period to at best a full week is archaic and non realistic for baseball.
I've been asking for Daily scoring where there would be Wins/Losses every single day. It creates a more realistic playing environment and the season would be something along the lines of 120-150 games rather than 22.
CBS has the best service for fantasy sports and they have unreal customizations, but on this issue they are slamming the door closed on me after repeated attempts to get them to at least add the option.
FanTrax has daily scoring periods and their service is FREE. I don't know why CBS can't make the upgrade but they are flat out refusing based on the limited or isolated requests.

If this sounds like something you would like as a commissioner or even a team owner in the future, please write in to CBS from their Help area (maybe this link will work: http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/ask ) and request the option to be added.

For having to pay $150-$180 per season per league, CBS should be willing to accommodate such requests from their customers.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Getting the Runaround from CBS

Postby bigmck » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 am

I agree that 22 games a year is not how baseball works. Have you every played H2H Each Catagory? You are playing ten games a week with your opponent, one for each of the categories you use. This gives you 220 gaves over 22 weeks which is more like baseball. Just a suggestion.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby johnchezy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 am

Ive never done that, is that like a h2h roto mix? Sounds cool.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes, it is kind of a mix between Roto and H2H. You have a schedule where you play one owner each week. You don't use points though like in most head to head. You have your 5 X 5 categories and if you have a higher Batting Average for the week, you win that. If your opponent hits more home runs he would get that win. ESPN has this option, I don't know about Yahoo. The format is called "H2H Each Catgegory". There is also "H2H Most Category" which is where the team that wins 6 categories and loses 4, you would have won the most so you get one win for the week. I don't like that because you still just have the 22 games for the year. H2H Each Category is what you want to get the 220 games for the year. You still have your divisions and playoffs. You should talk to your league about it. I think it is just a great format.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnchezy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 pm

BUMP
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 pm

John -- I have been playing Fantasy Baseball 21 years. I have never heard of anyone having games everyday. If you want to make CBS hear you, go to their site and post a message. It is not going to do any good here.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnchezy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

FanTrax has games everyday so now you have heard of it.

I HAVE been going there and posting messages but that's not doing me any good because they don't listen when just one customer complains.
Coming here---I thought MIGHT help if there were anyone else interested and could also give CBS a message.
If you don't want to, that's fine, but why shoot me down?
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dmendro » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 am

You need to be realistic. The chances of themmaking a change to fulfil the wishes of at best 1% of the client base is pretty slim.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby johnchezy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:03 pm

First of all, how do you know it's 1%?
Secondly, that's why I posted the message in hopes that whatever the percentage was, it could possibly increase.
Thirdly, if FanTrax offers it, why can't every server at least offer the option? That's hardly unrealistic.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:59 pm

John -- Grossing us out is not going to accomplish your goal. There are a lot of things that CBS could add but they haven't. If Fantrax has it, use them. We are just trying to help.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner