ESPN and/or Yahoo to Allow Dynasty Leagues? Any Chance? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN and/or Yahoo to Allow Dynasty Leagues? Any Chance?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ESPN and/or Yahoo to Allow Dynasty Leagues? Any Chance?

Postby Montana168 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 pm

vanlinglemungo wrote:I have never played over at ESPN, but I have played with Yahoo and know about their player pool problem (though I'd forgotten about it until the two of you mentioned it here).

Would you say that ESPN is closer to providing the tools that would allow a dynasty league? Are they just a few tweaks away? Or is Yahoo closest? I've been using CBS for so long that I don't know the changes these two providers have made over the last handful of years.

I doubt we'll see a dynasty format of some kind from either provider, but if I had to pick one, ESPN would def. be closer because their player pool includes almost every player in the minors, while yahoo only includes mostly the top prospects and a handful more. Although, they have been working to improve this part and they included a lot more rookies the past 2 years than they have in the past, however; they still are not close to the size of ESPN's player pool.

I've played in both ESPN and Yahoo leagues, and both have their positives and negatives. Overall I prefer Yahoo's organization and layout more, but ESPN is still solid. If yahoo ever gets a player pool the same size as ESPN, they would blow them out of the water IMO, which is why it surprises me that they haven't done so to this point.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers