Dynasty league with prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Dynasty league with prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dynasty league with prospects

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:23 pm

I used weebly.com for my site. It starts off free, but I paid for the upgrade and bought the domian for it. Its an easy drag and drop development site, with great support.
And yes tracking rosters during the winter meetings can be time consuming but during the season we leave the rosters static and allow ESPN to do all of the work. The site was originally created to give us somewhere to go to hold a prospect draft and track our minor leagues during the off season.
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

I have a couple more questions.

How does CBS set up the minor league aspect? Do they allow for a minor league draft? Are the rosters combined with the 25 man MLB rosters? How do they accommodate calling up a prospect, stuff like that.
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby johnchezy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm not sure if there is the availability for 2 drafts so you can have a minor league draft. I've never held a ML draft so I really don't know how that works.
The ML slots are not counted towards your MLB roster---but you as commissioner have the option to set that one way or the other.
This year, CBS changed their "set lineup" page to a drag and drop function. It wasn't difficult last year (there were drop downs for each player) but the drag and drop may end up being a little quicker, I guess. Anyway---moving players in and out of your ML is pretty seamless. The roster would be color coded because the entire group of players will be together. The ML slots are green, so you can easily see who is not active/reserve versus the ones that are.
I've been petitioning CBS for 2 things: an option allowing daily scoring, but the other is a shut off switch per owner for ML slot usage.
They have shut offs per owner for other things like "posting polls, "posting news", "trading", "message board" so I figured it would be an easy fix and would allow the commissioner to have some control over what teams are doing in and out of ML Slots.
My league implemented a new "billing" rule this season for ML Slots. For each transaction you make moving a player in or out of the Minor League Slots you get "billed". If you reach the ceiling you can no longer make promotions/demotions. It's to prevent the ML slots from becoming just an extension of the reserve team. It also in a way mimics MLB where once a player is recalled or sent down so many times he cannot be recalled without passing through waivers first.
So this is why Im asking for that shut off switch for ML Slots.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigmck » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:46 pm

ShdowMastr81 wrote:I have a couple more questions.

How does CBS set up the minor league aspect? Do they allow for a minor league draft? Are the rosters combined with the 25 man MLB rosters? How do they accommodate calling up a prospect, stuff like that.

CBS includes the minor leaguers of MLB teams in the MLB Player pool. They do not divide the active major leaguers from the minor leaguers. CBS allows any of them to be picked up for you team at anytime. == Our league only allows pickups of players that are on the active 25 man MLB roster. Minor Leaguers can not be picked up until they have been promoted to the Majors. We have four "Official Websites" we use. When the Minor Leaguer shows on one of them as being activated to the Majors, he can be picked up that day. == It works really well. The guys all understand the rule and if someone picks up a player early, you can be sure someone will tell me if I don't catch so it can be reversed. There is a penalty for picking up the player early, so everyone abides by the rule.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner