Mafia Session 3- Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Session 3- Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Session 3- Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:34 pm

J35J wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.. :,-(

It seems to be resolved that I will die. But in my death, I take comfort in the fact that Dream will be outed as mafia and Titan is outed as ISK. additionally, something is fishy about aqua.

in a normal game, a fair trade for the town.

to those on my team: please do not let me die in vain. kill dream. kill titan. investigate aqua. avenge my death. avenge. my. death.

godspeed to those in search of justice. :,-(

I've seen this type of plea before and, if I recall correctly, every time it's been by a townie. I was going to put the last vote in until I saw this...maybe I'm just gullable but my gut tells me he's a townie.

Are we at a stale mate right now? Are those of you who have votes out for other people going to put the last vote on lastings? Seems like we are at a crossroads...we either continue with lastings or unvote him and start looking at the others.

What are people thinking?

Everyone come and join me in voting for dream.

I am also willing to switch my vote to J35J.

J you want to join me in voting for you? There's a rich history of mafia voting for themselves in this game.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I am also willing to switch my vote to J35J.

At this point, I'm tempted to as well. He's been so noncomittal this game. The post he made after lastings did his little Psalm 23 thing reeked of trying to distance himself from a townie lynching. Also, has he even put in a vote for anyone in 2 days?

This quote also bugged me:

J35J wrote:I want to vote for lastings and be done with this day but I don't have a good feeling about it all which is a dangerous spot to be in...I don't vote and he ends up being mafioso which makes me look bad....I do vote and he's a townie but I make the final vote so that looks bad...how does it look if I just sit on my fence and watch the action...

...I'm more worried about how I look in all of this than anything else...

I really feel as if he's trying to put forth a whole 'confused townie' persona, while we all know he's a sharp guy.

I don't feel as if lastings is totally absolved yet, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of J before we go any further.

unvote lastings
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:56 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Lebo, but this pathetic waffling you and J are going through right now doesn't make any sense to me - it's like many of you are putting yourself in this self-proclaimed "Catch-22" to justify a non-vote just in case the guy who is lynched turns out to be a townie, mafia or the ISK.

My vote hasn't left you. You are mafia, but I don't know about anyone else. I can see a case against Lastings, but I don't know for sure. You on the other hand I do know are mafia.

:-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm

J35J wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.. :,-(

It seems to be resolved that I will die. But in my death, I take comfort in the fact that Dream will be outed as mafia and Titan is outed as ISK. additionally, something is fishy about aqua.

in a normal game, a fair trade for the town.

to those on my team: please do not let me die in vain. kill dream. kill titan. investigate aqua. avenge my death. avenge. my. death.

godspeed to those in search of justice. :,-(

I've seen this type of plea before and, if I recall correctly, every time it's been by a townie. I was going to put the last vote in until I saw this...maybe I'm just gullable but my gut tells me he's a townie.

Are we at a stale mate right now? Are those of you who have votes out for other people going to put the last vote on lastings? Seems like we are at a crossroads...we either continue with lastings or unvote him and start looking at the others.

What are people thinking?

i take it you've never seen Miller's Crossing (potential spoiler if you never have)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 pm

If anything, I think lastings' plea is total BS that has three potential outcomes, all of which are pretty viable. Either A) he's a mafiosi caught up in a bizarre shell game started from Day 1, B) he's part of that but also partnered with J and the mafia are trying to get heat off the guy on the edge while also absolving another, or C) J is a lot filthier than we thought and his swoop in to truly "deflect" has been overlooked and he's just distancing himself from killing lastings because he already knows his identity and is trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Either way, lastings is involved in two of those scenarios, but all three are potentially convincing. I think with lastings, J, and Titans you have at least a mafioso and a an ISK if not more, and then the rest come out of the larger pool.

If anything, I think lastings' death will tell us a lot about J, since people don't want to string him up for some reason :-? either way, and it could even be a bad-guy kill at a discount rate all told. I still have my reservations about titans and don't know why no one else sees it with him (other than some seem resigned he's the vigilante because of his newness and the ridiculous Day 1 kill), but the direction of votes based on today's actions seems pretty clear. A couple people still have it out for dream, but I just don't see anything out of the norm or really like what he did last game. There have been enough attempted bandwagons to choke a goat at this point and I can't make heads or tails from a lot of the chaos, but I do know how I feel about Titans and his actions; what lastings did in Day 1 still looks bad, and what J is doing right now is pretty darned fishy too, coming across as a confused n00b townie that is...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Still would like to hear from m16a at this point as he's slinked back into the shadows again as well. His suspicions (or lack thereof in some cases) have quietly had a driving force in some of today's proceedings, and his vote and take on these things could be much appreciated as well. For now he got the Titans bandwagon started and I have to think it was for some reason, but either way I'd like to hear what he has to say about lastings, J35, dream, Titans and anyone else he has a comment thought about...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitanFan07 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:My vote for Titans is based largely on some of the points m16 has made, and if he were to show up here and change his vote and/or reasoning then I'd be willing to hear him out. Titans has made a decent point in his defense, but I just don't think if I buy it at this point as he's had time to spin back under control and not look like such a bafoon.

Oh really? Some of the points m16 has made? As in more than one? Interesting. Unless I skipped over a post made by m16a, I only remember reading this one dimwitted accusation against me:

m16a wrote:
TitanFan07 wrote:BTW, I'm fine with lynching either of the two inactives at this point. If the lynchtrain of J35J gets some more steam I'll hop on the bandwagon as well. Participate or die.

Wow, bloodthirsty. Rookie mistake methinks... Quite suspicious. He has realized that I pegged his active cover of his quiet mafia buddies and is trying to get some heat onto lebo to distance himself. I don't like it one bit.

unvote=dream
vote=TitanFan

So can you please inform me of these other "points" m16a that you are referring to?

The reason I made the post m16 quoted from me is to get the inactive people to speak up and participate. And the way I was told to accomplish that is to vote for them. Hmm....

WaCougMBS wrote:Still would like to hear from m16a at this point as he's slinked back into the shadows again as well... For now he got the Titans bandwagon started and I have to think it was for some reason, but either way I'd like to hear what he has to say about lastings, J35, dream, Titans and anyone else he has a comment thought about...

So you want an inactive (m16) to speak up? :-?
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I am also willing to switch my vote to J35J.

At this point, I'm tempted to as well. He's been so noncomittal this game. The post he made after lastings did his little Psalm 23 thing reeked of trying to distance himself from a townie lynching. Also, has he even put in a vote for anyone in 2 days?

This quote also bugged me:

J35J wrote:I want to vote for lastings and be done with this day but I don't have a good feeling about it all which is a dangerous spot to be in...I don't vote and he ends up being mafioso which makes me look bad....I do vote and he's a townie but I make the final vote so that looks bad...how does it look if I just sit on my fence and watch the action...

...I'm more worried about how I look in all of this than anything else...

I really feel as if he's trying to put forth a whole 'confused townie' persona, while we all know he's a sharp guy.

I don't feel as if lastings is totally absolved yet, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of J before we go any further.

unvote lastings

BTW, just curious - what made you switch your vote off? Since this is all muddled and many are either indecisive or are sticking to their guns, what has you unsettled? Have you become unsure or just hitting pause to consider J's actions/etc., or what? Just asking as you seemed like you were one of the most sure about lastings and provided concrete evidence of it...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby TitanFan07 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I don't feel as if lastings is totally absolved yet, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks of J before we go any further.

I think he needs to stop pussyfooting around, quit worrying about how he looks and cast a vote for who he thinks is evil.

The End.

Man up, J!
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

all, (townies/mafia)

I do offer a bit of sense here. somewhat to save my own butt, but it makes sense anyways.

Even if you believe titan's logic and you believe I am mafia. don't we all know and agree that titan is the ISK?
we can pick back up on our current dilemma tomorrow, but doesn't it benefit everyone here to get rid of the ISK.

town - do you really want to see multiple townies die tonight?

Dream - don't you want to get rid of the chance that mafio can be hunted at night by two people?
you know that the vig is not going to hunt again without knowing so if you get rif of ISK you are safe at night.

seriously, if you don't change your mind by tomorrow. just put your vote back on me and kill me. at least the ISK is dead.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 405)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk