Mafia Session 3- Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Session 3- Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia Session 3- Day 2

Postby wake » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 pm

It was a busy night as the town awakes to find three of their own dead.

The mafia killed urbanbreez, a townie
The insane serial killer killed StlSluggers, a townie
The vigilante killed Giantsfan, the watcher

1) StlSluggers- Townie- killed night 1 by the ISK
2) WaCoug
3) AquaMan
4) Dan Lambskin
5) Inukchuck
6) urbanbreez- Townie- killed night 1 by the mafia
7) mookie
8) lastings
9) titanfan
10) BigLebowski
11) GiantsFan- Watcher- killed night 1 by the vigilante
12) Dream
13) M16A
14) BigHort- Regular Mafia- lynched Day 1
15) J35J

6 votes to lynch
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Session 3- Day 2

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 am

What the hell just happened? That was the fastest day 1 ever. Since I had no chance to contribute yesterday (I've mentioned in the past that Tuesdays are bad for me), I guess I'll start off today with my day 1 thoughts...

I think h0rt (apparently not nearly as good at being mafia as he is a townie... :-b ) voting for himself then saying he'd be gone for awhile helps in a few ways in that it absolves BigLebowski and most likely Dan Lamb. If either of those guys were mafia, I can't see them dropping the 7 and 8 votes knowing that once h0rt got back from his hot date and saw the votes, he'd unvote himself.

I also think our night killers could end up sinking the town if they continue to make poor choices on their targets. As wake mentioned in the intro post, they don't have to use their abilities if they don't want to.

I thought the vig's choice of GF was especially poor; investigation would have been a much better option this early.

Also, the ISK needs to realize that his focus should be finding and killing mafia, at least initially. I saw nothing from Sluggo on day 1 that hinted at being shady, so I'm wondering if the ISK just whacked a random. Just because you're crazy doesn't mean you have to be stupid.

FWIW, the following non dead people didn't vote for h0rt: J35J, m16a, Dream, Titan, lastings, and me. I'd have to think that definitely 1 and possibly 2 of this group are mafia, just judging by the numbers we have left...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 am

One post. That's all I gotta say.
Sniffed out a mafia after one post. Got him to vote for himself with my second post.
Ohh yeah. :-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 am

worst vigilante ever :-S
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 am

The ISK and vigilante are supposed to be helping the town. That means that they shouldn't be making kills unless they are almost positive that they have a mafia picked out. Random killing is overwhelmingly in the mafia's favour because townies outnumber mafia at this point. So that was very poor play, either that or they're not taking the game seriously.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 am

Mookie4ever wrote:The ISK and vigilante are supposed to be helping the town. That means that they shouldn't be making kills unless they are almost positive that they have a mafia picked out. Random killing is overwhelmingly in the mafia's favour because townies outnumber mafia at this point. So that was very poor play, either that or they're not taking the game seriously.

i thought the ISK has to kill though...i think Wake said that nobody has to use their ability, but i always thought the ISK had to
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The ISK and vigilante are supposed to be helping the town. That means that they shouldn't be making kills unless they are almost positive that they have a mafia picked out. Random killing is overwhelmingly in the mafia's favour because townies outnumber mafia at this point. So that was very poor play, either that or they're not taking the game seriously.

i thought the ISK has to kill though...i think Wake said that nobody has to use their ability, but i always thought the ISK had to

I know that when I was ISK last year I didn't have to kill every night, I had a choice to do nothing. Also reading wake's description seems to confirm this

Insane Serial Killer- He can choose one person per night to kill. He wins if he's the last standing (or if only one other person is left at the start of a day phase)

It also seems as if the isk is not on the town's side. Reading chuck's post I was under the impression that he was pro-town. He's just pro-isk.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby wake » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

In this game, anybody can opt out of making a kill/using their ability at night.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 am

Mookie4ever wrote:It also seems as if the isk is not on the town's side. Reading chuck's post I was under the impression that he was pro-town. He's just pro-isk.

I agree he's a solo entity, but killing mafia should still be his initial priority... in that sense, his role should be played more as a vig at least until the mafia is gone.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby TitanFan07 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:26 am

Well the vigilante really screwed the proverbial pooch with that night kill.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the mafia killed urbanbreez(who actually participated yesterday) instead of Inukchuk who only posted once to check in... It doesn't make sense.
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to General Talk