The new CBS look - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The new CBS look

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The new CBS look

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 am

DId they completely remove old rosters from the history section, or am I missing something?
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:DId they completely remove old rosters from the history section, or am I missing something?

did they old rosters in history last year? As I remembered it from last year, i could see any roster from any week in 2010. But when i went to 2009, 2008, etc I could not see rosters. But I could be misremembering.

We are a keeper league, and all of the current rosters (from end of 2010 and now with trades) have been maintained without a problem.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 pm

neoforce wrote:
Grouperman941 wrote:DId they completely remove old rosters from the history section, or am I missing something?

did they old rosters in history last year? As I remembered it from last year, i could see any roster from any week in 2010. But when i went to 2009, 2008, etc I could not see rosters. But I could be misremembering.

We are a keeper league, and all of the current rosters (from end of 2010 and now with trades) have been maintained without a problem.

I was able to go back to 2003 or so and see the rosters on the last day of the season.t might still be there but buried. This year, one guy messed up setting his keepers, and once they were processed, I couldn't go and make sure who he had on his team last year. The past few years, I would back everything up and guys would e-mail me their lists just in case something happened. It was always fine. This year, we had a problem and no back-ups because we got complacent.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby aberry33 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

I think Sportsline blows Yahoo and ESPN out of the water.
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colt4523 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I moved all of my leagues (4) to espn. I hated paying $150 for something I can get for free. Cbs is obviously better, but I do not think it is $150 better.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby neoforce » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm

colt4523 wrote:I moved all of my leagues (4) to espn. I hated paying $150 for something I can get for free. Cbs is obviously better, but I do not think it is $150 better.

does ESPN manage contracts and salary amounts? That is one of the key things we like about cbssports.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby ayebatter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 am

colt4523 wrote:I moved all of my leagues (4) to espn. I hated paying $150 for something I can get for free. Cbs is obviously better, but I do not think it is $150 better.

Would something like $1.00 a month per team be too much. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1429)

Postby dmendro » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 pm

If ESPN Fantasy BAseball is anything like their Football leagues, it will blow ass as soon as you start adding/dropping players. It was almost impossible to do any sorting or real searching in the free agent database in my football leagues.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:05 pm

I have always been a huge defender of CBS, but this new look is an abomination. They continue to go backwards in terms of usability. It's just awful.

For instance, you want to change your team logo? It used to take one click to get there. You would just hover over the "my team" item and boom "team logo" was right there. No you need to click through 4 pages to get to it - and it's not even intuitive. You need to click through "details" and "my contact information" pages to get to your team logo. Yes, it's "only 4 clicks - that takes 15 seconds more!", but there is no reason it should take more, and when everything you want to do on Sportsline now takes longer than it used to, we're talking like a wasted 5 minutes of needless clicks and confusion every time you go on the site.

And the idiotic choice to have 25-30% of the page taken up with a giant gray empty box on every team's main page is another sign that they just do not understand usability.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby neoforce » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I have always been a huge defender of CBS, but this new look is an abomination. They continue to go backwards in terms of usability. It's just awful.

For instance, you want to change your team logo? It used to take one click to get there. You would just hover over the "my team" item and boom "team logo" was right there. No you need to click through 4 pages to get to it - and it's not even intuitive. You need to click through "details" and "my contact information" pages to get to your team logo. Yes, it's "only 4 clicks - that takes 15 seconds more!", but there is no reason it should take more, and when everything you want to do on Sportsline now takes longer than it used to, we're talking like a wasted 5 minutes of needless clicks and confusion every time you go on the site.

And the idiotic choice to have 25-30% of the page taken up with a giant gray empty box on every team's main page is another sign that they just do not understand usability.

I agree. Everything they did was about an overhaul of look and feel, but they went backwards in my places. No real new features. I know one "easy" think people have been asking for is a threaded league message board. How hard is that?

I can see moving away from cbssports.com, but not this year. Of course, at least they didn't go belly up like fanball did.
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers