The new CBS look - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The new CBS look

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The new CBS look

Postby johnchezy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Everything is there, you just have to look for it.

Nope.... I can think of at least 2 things that are not there.

League Calendar and Comm Wire
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnchezy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Very disappointed with the so called changes. It appears the changes are just cosmetic

Exactly my thoughts.
CBS has this rundown of "Whats new for 2011" and Im looking over their list....

Streamlined tools for the commissioner: cosmetic, organizational
Fresh new look: Umm, cosmetic and not necessarily for the better
Simpler drag and drop roster management: what was wrong with it before? It wasnt like there was a problem???
Centralized draft prep: cosmetic, organizational
Assitant GM: Useless feature as far as Im concerned and wasnt there already Start Em, Sit Em advice before?
Easy access to more info. when setting your lineup: Um... like what exactly?

These upgrades totally sucked!
I asked---nay HOUNDED CBS all off season about ----
1. Daily scoring periods (for wins/losses everyday instead once a week)
2. On/off switch (or a check box column if you will) in Team Permissions for Minor League Slots

And what do they say in response?
"We get thousands of requests each season, we can't accommodate everyone"

Who did they accommodate exactly??
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby neoforce » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:12 am

dmendro wrote:
neoforce wrote:
dmendro wrote:Ok here's how you do it:

Go to the Players page. On the menu headers, choose custom stats and then you will see how to actually create your custom reports. I don't think you can add % owned and started though.

Does this open up for you? http://sbfl.baseball.cbssports.com/stats If not, replaces the sbfl with your leagues name and try it.

I'm much closer, but not there yet. I love cbs because there are always features I didn't try, like this one. I didn't understand how to do custom stats. So, you got me that far. I can get the contracts/salaries etc. But for some reason it is only coming up with the "starters" for each team. We have guys in the minors, and they don't show up.

It does say "period 1" as the time frame. Maybe that is why it is doing just active players? But I really need a dump of all players for each period.

Or am I doing something else wrong?

Ok, I figured it out. Click the little arrow next to your team name on your My Team page. then look all the way ta th ebottom in very small text under the last team. You should see a tiny All Teams there. You'll get everything you asked for.

Believe it or not, that was not there before. That is where it was on the old interface, so that was the first place I looked. And I checked multiple times.

They are still tweaking things. The Salary/Contract not being on the player page has been fixed too.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby neoforce » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:14 am

Element wrote:This is certainly going to take some getting used to. One thing that I don't like so far is that our player salaries (we do a live auction) are no longer being displayed on the player pages. From what I can see, I can only find this information on the lineup pages. There is a lot of scrolling needed now. I'd like to see if any improvements were made to the Live Scoring though. That's where I spend most of my evenings.

They fixed it.

Certainly seems that they are still tweaking things.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 am

johnchezy wrote:
Very disappointed with the so called changes. It appears the changes are just cosmetic

Exactly my thoughts.
CBS has this rundown of "Whats new for 2011" and Im looking over their list....

Streamlined tools for the commissioner: cosmetic, organizational
Fresh new look: Umm, cosmetic and not necessarily for the better
Simpler drag and drop roster management: what was wrong with it before? It wasnt like there was a problem???
Centralized draft prep: cosmetic, organizational
Assitant GM: Useless feature as far as Im concerned and wasnt there already Start Em, Sit Em advice before?
Easy access to more info. when setting your lineup: Um... like what exactly?

These upgrades totally sucked!
I asked---nay HOUNDED CBS all off season about ----
1. Daily scoring periods (for wins/losses everyday instead once a week)
2. On/off switch (or a check box column if you will) in Team Permissions for Minor League Slots

And what do they say in response?
"We get thousands of requests each season, we can't accommodate everyone"

Who did they accommodate exactly??

seems like they got requests like PLZ MAKE MORE LIKE YAHOO
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:18 am

if yahoo ever figures out how to have salaries, contracts, year round leagues and minor leaguers CBS is in trouble
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby johnchezy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

shawngee03 wrote:if yahoo ever figures out how to have salaries, contracts, year round leagues and minor leaguers CBS is in trouble

Lol... that's a big if!

What's the holdup, though? Yahoo must be dilly-dallying around. Online fantasy sports have been around for 12 years or so.
These features aren't "new"
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Element » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 pm

neoforce wrote:
Element wrote:This is certainly going to take some getting used to. One thing that I don't like so far is that our player salaries (we do a live auction) are no longer being displayed on the player pages. From what I can see, I can only find this information on the lineup pages. There is a lot of scrolling needed now. I'd like to see if any improvements were made to the Live Scoring though. That's where I spend most of my evenings.

They fixed it.

Certainly seems that they are still tweaking things.

I did notice that they began showing it a few days after I brought it up here. Everything looks fine for what we need it for. Again, I am most interested in seeing alternations to live scoring. I also plan on using Fantrax this year too. It looks as if I was completely able to mimic our league settings there and navigation and whatnot seems solid. I want to see it in action before we switch though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 am

johnchezy wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:if yahoo ever figures out how to have salaries, contracts, year round leagues and minor leaguers CBS is in trouble

Lol... that's a big if!

What's the holdup, though? Yahoo must be dilly-dallying around. Online fantasy sports have been around for 12 years or so.
These features aren't "new"

My league is itching to switch after CBS' latest blunder. When is Yahoo going to give CBS some competition for contract leagues and deep dynasties? Users who are currently paying CBS would surely pay Yahoo instead for something more responsive and robust than what CBS offers.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am

Mr. T wrote:what did they change that is better. It seems like they just moved everything around and took some things out

Exactly. You send in requests for real changes and you get blown off for cosmetic makeovers year after year.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers